PDA

View Full Version : Weekender Meet Up. Friday 23rd May......

Didge
17-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Right! It's coming up to THAT time again, so here are the details for anyone in the Surrey/Sussex areas, wanting to meet up to ride to Arrow Mill together.
We will be meeting at the Tea hut car park at the top of Reigate Hill as usual.
Looking at a 11 0'clock off, and we will be allowing the GPS of our very own 'Satellite Saz' to lead the way.
See ya there.

SazzaG
21-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Hehe, satellite Saz with a brand new satnav! No getting lost for me!

Anyone else joining us? We should be there soon after 10, as Rog won't leave without a bacon sandwich.

Lunch will be a Fox's Diner, arriving there by 12.30 we reckon. Aiming to leave there around 2pm for a scenic ride up to the Mill.

Should be at the Mill by 4pm.

SazzaG
21-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Just to confirm, leaving Reigate Hill at 11pm will be:

Didge & Jan
Me
Rog
Albie & Caroline
Gully
GaryT

A nice little group. See you all there!

Headhunter
21-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Saz,

Would love to meet you guys there but can only get a 1/2 day. Will call Rog when I'm on the bike and leaving work to see if you guys are still at Fox's diner.

Should be leaving London at 12.30sh with a quick blat along the M40 to Oxon and then tearing off for Witney (A40) to Burford.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch you guys up. If not, will see you all at the mill.

SazzaG
21-05-2008, 09:03 PM
No problem Jon. Give Rog a bell when you're on your way. We're happy to wait for a bit if you're close.

Headhunter
21-05-2008, 10:09 PM
We're happy to wait for a bit if you're close.

Cool of ya, Sazza but don't hang around on my part. I'll probably catch you guys near Burford etc.

Saying that Graham can pack a few away, so I'm sure he'll be enjoying a full breakfast which will take up an hour or two.

Imagine you guys will be taking the usual route - Fox's - abingdon - witney - burford - stow on the wold - evesham - Alcester?

Rogerg
22-05-2008, 06:55 AM
sort of - from Foxes:

A4074
A34
A44 - Woodstock Road
Chipping Norton
Moreton in the Marsh
Fish Hill etc

Headhunter
22-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Brilliant. Cheers Roger.

Too close to the parents' territory for my liking but know the route. Will give you a bell when I'm closer to the shire.

Julie
22-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Hehe, satellite Saz with a brand new satnav! No getting lost for me!

Should be at the Mill by 4pm.

whats happened to your gamin quest?

PS> I bet you'll have another guest to ride up with you!

SazzaG
22-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Still got the quest for off roading, but I now have a shiny new Zumo with bluetooth headset for the monster, thanks to my darling hubby!

Another guest? That's a long way round from Wales...

gary tompkins
22-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the offer on meeting for ride up - but don't think that's a good option for me? A & B and ring roads are hell for trike if we hit traffic, and if we do hit a jam you'll obviously want to filter (I know I would), so I'll get left behind anyway. The last thing I need is driving like a lunatic on the way up trying to keep up with a group, and end up shagged out before the weekend starts - sorry.

This is the reason I stick with (boring) M40 most of the way up, and just do the last stretch on A roads if on the trike. If the other Kentie's (Gully, Caroline & Albie) wanna go your route that's fine by me, but I'll stick to plan A and meet you all at the mill.

I'll check in with them later to see what they want to do

mad_turnips
22-05-2008, 08:15 AM
im on a halve day too leaving portsmouth 1ish as nicki is taking her bike too and she is a bit on the slow side prob wont make it to fox by 2 so will prob see you at the mill

Headhunter
22-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Hey Guys,

I finally have a friend to ride with. Good old, J.P.

Hopefully we'll be heading off from the City at 12.30/1sh but will be taking in some of the glorious A/B roads between Henley on Thames and Bicester and then hook up on to the main road to Chipping Norton.

I'll give you a call Roger when we're close to Chippy to see where you guys are.

Hopefully we'll meet you along the way.

Jon.

DavidEJM
22-05-2008, 11:20 AM
OK if I tag along?

I'll aim to get to Fox's for about 1:30 (assuming it doesnt all go wrong at work).

Whose responsible for making sure the weather is OK? Shouldn't we all be praying to the great god 'Suni Ban Coliday'?

J.P
22-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Hey Guys,

I finally have a friend to ride with. Good old, J.P.
Jon.

Less of the 'old' you young whipper-snapper.

gary tompkins
22-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Right - final decision from the Kent party

Albie, Caroline & Gully are sticking with me on the M40 route

Have a good ride up & we'll see you all at Arrow Mill :cool: