PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pressure plate fitting and exhaust query.

mikej
17-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Going to be taking delivery of a new anodised clutch pressure plate in the next few days and was wondering how easy it is to fit. Is it just a case of undoing all the screws, pulling off the original plate and putting on the new one with stainless springs and bolts? If so how tight to do the bolts have to be etc? Am i better to have someone who knows what they are doing (i.e not me!) fit it?

Also unsure about exhaust mods. I know i want rid of the bagpipes and was going to go for a de-cat link pipe and end cans but have heard that you can get a improved exhaust note just by swapping the link pipes, and between you and me, i think the neighbours hate me already for waking them up every morning as it is!

Any info as always greatly appreciated.

Mike.

dunlop0_1
17-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Pressure plate dead easy. As you said, but tighten the allen bolts equally and oppositely. Also there should be a dot on the new plate which lines up with a dot on the clutch basket/one of the allen bolt mounts.

Neil.

Stafford
17-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Swapping the plate also involves moving the bearing from old to new, but DON'T do the cap screws up tight. Just add a bit of copaslip or similar and just nip them up. You have already what is in fact a spring washer under each one keeping them in place.

De-cat pipe easy to for a better note for around £170