PDA

View Full Version : Weekender Trip Sideways and down a bit!

Nonnie
16-05-2008, 11:07 AM
East Anglian peeps, stick your names here and when you are leaving and then it'll be easier to meet up with other folks and you might get yourself some company on the way!

Paranoid Dave
16-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Me and the Shirl should be leaving late morning friday from ipswich, don't know the route yet. Shirl has said that if it's gonna rain she's taking the car. I'll be tempted to join her :D

squiffything
16-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha .....

oh Dave Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

no stop it my sides hurt. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Please pack it in no stop Ha Ha Ha

squiffything
16-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Dave you will get lynched if Mila is not there.

Now which way are you going so that I can sort my day out :)

Paranoid Dave
16-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Squify (note the ONE f seeing as you spelled Milla with ONE L)

My traditional route is cross country, a bit twisty and takes quite a while. I really don't want to do motorways. The route is 180 miles and it is the same distance as doing A12, M25, Main road to stratford. Nonnie wasn't keen on it when we did it a few years back but if she is not joining us and Shirl don't mind I hope to do the same again. It has planned petrol and munch stops. Depending on your thoughts we could plan a meet up en route. Grab a map and look at this...
Ipswich
A12
A120 past bishops stortford
A10 to buntingford
A 507 past Baldock and Flitwick
M1
A45
A425 and follow signs for Alcester

See what you think, I try to set out about 11, nibbles and petrol at services on 507 near Buntingford.

squiffything
16-05-2008, 04:11 PM
I could happily meet up at Buntingford as I would come down the A10 from Royston. I could also meet you at Baldock as I would then head down the A505 it's a bit of a drop down for me but a ride on the HM is always good. I'll have a look at possible other routes avoiding the mways and duels over the weekend to see. If Rod and Nonnie can make it then a central meet point might be in order.

benson
17-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Dave you're a tosser (we've had a lot of wine) the M1 is pants....
Don't do it - I kill you........
he he he

emily's driver
17-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Squify (note the ONE f seeing as you spelled Milla with ONE L)

My traditional route is cross country, a bit twisty and takes quite a while. I really don't want to do motorways. The route is 180 miles and it is the same distance as doing A12, M25, Main road to stratford. Nonnie wasn't keen on it when we did it a few years back but if she is not joining us and Shirl don't mind I hope to do the same again. It has planned petrol and munch stops. Depending on your thoughts we could plan a meet up en route. Grab a map and look at this...
Ipswich
A12
A120 past bishops stortford
A10 to buntingford
A 507 past Baldock and Flitwick
M1
A45
A425 and follow signs for Alcester

See what you think, I try to set out about 11, nibbles and petrol at services on 507 near Buntingford.

Dave would love to be able to say we'd join you but we still wont know for sure until the last minute. Frankly I dont care which way we go as long as we do. Time will tell. If by some quirk of fate/luck we manage to come along, best you factor in a few more fuel stops. my as yet unnamed untamed two wheeled companion just about manages 80 miles before requiring feeding again. Even Emily was not THAT thirsty, despite her crap tank range. Should I be considering a fuel tanker to accompany us, in the event we make it?

Nonnie
21-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Right then!

Let's get this thread moving along a bit.

We are leaving Norfolk (thank God) at 0930.

What shall we do then?! I say let's meet up and continue the rest of the way stopping only for food, drinks, fags, sweeties, stretching (every 80 miles for fuel - wtf?) and a long pub lunch.

I'm exhausting after sorting out being able to make it anyway so PD you can take over.

slob
21-05-2008, 08:07 PM
hip hip hurrah !!!

Nonnie
21-05-2008, 08:29 PM
:drunk:

I shall plait your hair in a viking stylee so I shall.

singletrack
21-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Glad you can make it Nonnie. It looks like Andy and i won't be able to come though :thumbsdown: I haven't cancelled the travel lodge yet but it doesn't look good.
I am hoping to get to the go-karting at least, but the overnight stay and Sunday rideout are looking very unlikely (Andy's Mum is very poorly and a trip to sunny :hail: Ipswich is on the cards instead)

Nonnie
21-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Sorry to hear that Anne, I hope she gets better soon. Would be lovely to catch up if you can make it.

Albie
21-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Sorry you may not make it anne. Nonnie thats great news and I can see your bike. Bet you win the prize too.:cry:

See you all there

Paranoid Dave
22-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Nonnie - shirl said "whats wrong with the route we took last year - I don't want to do motorway all the way"
To put it simply Shirl is a bit nervous and doesn't want to feel like she's holding anyone up so we are taking our route and will leave when ready - probably mid morning onwards. If anyone else wants to join us we'll be happy to join up but you'll have to go our route and our pace. It won't be slow but Shirl is my priority.

Nonnie
22-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Awwwwwww.

Yeah you know I'm coming with you, you know I'm going to go down all those endless back routes and be on the bike for 4 hours longer than I need to be because I love you both!

See you at yours mid morning.

Squif, where will we find you?

Paranoid Dave
22-05-2008, 06:25 AM
i'm guessing somewhere near buntingford. A10 or 507 to flitwick. From there its a wiggle to the M1 and then the road to stratford. It's not that bad, so yeh come over and we'll be heading off as soon as ready (perhaps after a certain sale)

Nonnie
22-05-2008, 06:28 AM
We'll be there as support for you! 6 shoulders to have a cry on!

Be brave dear friend, be brave. £15,000 for Kylie ain't bad!

squiffything
22-05-2008, 07:11 AM
A 10 Buntingford sounds right, just give me a time and a suitable place and I'll be there. I can leave here anytime after 9.30 and would expect it will take around 45 mins to get to Buntingford

benson
22-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Oh I love you Dave - as it should be - Shirl the priorideeeeeeee...........

We're not leaving until Saturday afternoon - and more than likely will see you for drinks in the bar later on - under a mound of glasses!!!

Hip hip big trousers hurrah!!!
:mand: :mand: :mand: :mand: :mand:

squiffything
22-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Just checked the map ans methinks the A10/507 roundabout at Buntingford sounds the best place to meet then on to the brunch stop for a snack and fillup. Give me a time and I'll be there waiting all excited and hyper :)

Paranoid Dave
22-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Squiffy, on the A10 there's a large sainsbury's depot (i always laugh when i see it) and you can't miss it as its on a roundabout and there's the name SAINSBURYS embedded in stone in a grass bank by the side of the road. Its at this roundabout that we turn off to the 507 towards baldock and flitwick, about a mile up the road is another roundabout with a petrol station on it, thats a good place to stop and I always fill up there anyway.
How does that sound.

squiffything
22-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Sounds good to me. What time (roughly) will you be getting there?

Paranoid Dave
22-05-2008, 10:02 AM
about 90 minutes after we leave ipswich.

squiffything
22-05-2008, 10:05 AM
:) ok then I'll expect a call and leave half an hour after that

Nonnie
22-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Yay! I love the big trousers hurrah.

Looking forward to it.