15-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi all,
Could some one tell me the benefits of fitting a K&N crankcase breather to my
M750 and is it worth it?? thanks Pete

Scotty
15-05-2008, 09:23 PM
benifits ~:? got me there

it will re leave you of a fair few beer tokens
enable the possibility of pissing oil on the back wheel (especially if you like wheelies)
and remove the advantage of having a negative crank case pressure

Yorkie
15-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Gets rid of all the crap looking plastic pods all over the bike! A little bit of weight saving!

Looks cool!

I does lubricate the shock area a little, if you dont route it else where! Prevents rust on the rear end is one way of looking at it!

I have one fitted, and to date i havent noticed any oil on the tyre, mind you the way i ride i wouldnt notice any how!

Yorkie

Nickj
15-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Not had so much of the mayo topping to the oil over winter .. I'm liking that aspect of it.

dunlop0_1
16-05-2008, 05:33 AM
Fitted a K&N one to Louises M750, £24 off Fleabay. Looks miles cooler and so far it's as dry as a bone.:mand:

Neil.

Spike
16-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Fitted them to mine and Drucillas bikes no worries to date

Capo
16-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Gimmick, there is no advantage over the stock system, in fact its detrimental.

Blah blah
16-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Got one on mine... and that's about all I can say

alreadyinuse
17-05-2008, 11:12 AM
yeah gotta agree on the detrimental.
When ducati designed the bike i'm fairly sure that if a dinky little filter would have been fine then they would have used it instead of the plastic tanks and rubber pipes.

Scotty
17-05-2008, 12:25 PM
if your really interested

http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/tech/breather.php

PETE.AKO
19-05-2008, 07:07 PM
if your really interested

http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/tech/breather.php

Well thanks for all the information very interesting
I think that i will leave things as that are, I would sooner be safe than sorry?
especially as the bike has just been fitted with a dyno kit and is very smooth around the town and goes like s**t out on the open road
The more i ride the bike the more i like it ?? Thanks pete.:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Albie
19-05-2008, 08:43 PM
They do look good though dont they.:mand: :mand: :chuckle:

Nickj
22-05-2008, 10:52 AM
?? IF the standard system is a PVC (Postive Vented Crankcase) then it should be extracting the water vapour and other crud in the crankcase airspaces, clearly it wasn't working before I stuck the K&N on.
That I now have clean oil free of water contamination kinda says the PVC is actually there purely to burn the spare hydrocarbons and hit emission specs and isn't as 'Positive' as it seems.

gary tompkins
22-05-2008, 11:17 AM
For the doubters out there...

As far as I'm concerned this is a great mod, and a pretty cheap one too. I've got K&N style filters on both the solo & trike motor's now, and get noticably less condensation (milky oil syndrome) in cold weather. Plus as already mentioned you loose all the (crap) plastic boxes & rubber pipes associated with the PVC system.

Shandy
22-05-2008, 12:17 PM
I agree they look much better........and to add to GT's no brainer points........

I don't think the older engines have a one way valve fitted so it make no odds at all.........older M600's M750's etc (i might be wrong but what the hell :chuckle: )

Cheers,

Shandy