PDA

View Full Version : monnie or not to monnie

mad_turnips
15-05-2008, 03:45 PM
having a crisis of confidance

iv had the monster for about 4/5 years now but being a student for all that time she hasnt had the attention she deserves is is if im honest looking a bit tatty she is also a work in progress as a chop and change parts when ( rare) i have some spare cash after seeing all the pics people have posted over the years im not sure if she should make an apperence at the weekender

so do i

1) bring the GF's Sucki Voulsia cruser

2) bring daisy and feel kinda inadiquate ( though will have hot lass with me so not that inadiquate ;) )

stef
15-05-2008, 04:03 PM
having a crisis of confidance

iv had the monster for about 4/5 years now but being a student for all that time she hasnt had the attention she deserves is is if im honest looking a bit tatty she is also a work in progress as a chop and change parts when ( rare) i have some spare cash after seeing all the pics people have posted over the years im not sure if she should make an apperence at the weekender

so do i

1) bring the GF's Sucki Voulsia cruser

2) bring daisy and feel kinda inadiquate ( though will have hot lass with me so not that inadiquate ;) )

just post a picture, and we will tell you if you have any reasons to feel this way.
you can even post a picture of the ducati if you want.

bigredduke
15-05-2008, 04:07 PM
No brainer! It's got to be the monster! Not everyone has the luxury of alternative transport or access to a garage so it's inevitable that some bikes will not look as pristine as others. That doesn't make them less valid.

Albie
15-05-2008, 04:18 PM
I have to say the monster must come. Thats why its the monster weekender.Do you want to have the suzuki sit in the naughty corner or have the monster in the rows of monsters.Mine wasn't that great up against others last year and who cares. I just gave her some attention because I wanted to and not if someone told me too. Bring it OK :D

DavidEJM
15-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Got to be the monnie, no question.

If it's that bad it might land you an award!!!

Plum
15-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Hey Matt

I took mine in 05, and mine is looking really dog tired.......it was only beaten by Ben's (Lost Again)...largely due to the fact he had to lean his monnie up against the wall because it didnt have a side stand.

Mine is looking well ratty now, but i know it would have made it to Arrow had i have gone this year. Pi$$ed off i wont be there this year, but you know CONdor ferries.....they are a ....errrr....CON!

Snips
15-05-2008, 05:22 PM
No brainer! It's got to be the monster! Not everyone has the luxury of alternative transport or access to a garage so it's inevitable that some bikes will not look as pristine as others. That doesn't make them less valid.

Agreed. Some of us :look: are overly-precious about our bikes, and are not used as much as they should be as a result. "You mean I should take it out in the *rain*? *GULP*"

A regularly used Monster is far more credible.

Take it along, and ride your 'well loved' Monster with pride.

imo, a club like this should be for all-comers. I'd be disappointed if I was frowned upon for molly-coddling by bike, but I'd understand it. However, I wouldn't want to be part of a club that frowned upon those who prioritised *riding* their bike :)

[ that said, not sure that Hypermotard crowd should be let in though, they look like trouble ;) ]

Mand
15-05-2008, 08:40 PM
For gawds sake bring the monster, I have heard a nasty rumour that the "naughty corner" may be larger than the monster crowd.........

fatbloke
15-05-2008, 08:58 PM
is there room for me in the naughty corner?

Mand
15-05-2008, 09:12 PM

Now that depends if you're willing to give the Leicestershire Rep a big cuddle?

:mand:

and give the male President a big snog!

gary tompkins
15-05-2008, 09:32 PM

Possibly - but you'll need to stand side on & shuffle very close to the kerb :mand:

squiffything
16-05-2008, 07:45 AM

There's not room for you in Warwickshire (but we'll fit you in somehow:) )

...that said, not sure that Hypermotard crowd should be let in though, they look like trouble ;)

Oi it's not the crowd we're just misunderstood, it's like having a bike with tuerrets and at least ours stand up straight and true. Uncle Fester rider.