PDA

View Full Version : Power Commander

DevilBoy
14-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Yo dudes

I'm sure i've asked this before, but i've been off the forum for a while.

Has anyone bout a cheap power commander for an S4.
If so, how much, and whats the website.

I seem to remember there being an american site where you can pick one up for £150?

Cheers!
DB :fiery:

DesmoMike
15-05-2008, 12:48 PM
:mand: it's morepowerracing.com

marchesini
15-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I've got a couple knocking around ..... somewhere. One a USB version and the the other non-USB.

DevilBoy
16-05-2008, 03:10 PM
You do?
For the S4?

How much you want for a USB one?

DevilBoy
29-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Right guys, I ordered a power commander from moorepowerracring.com

Cost me £150 including postage.
Probably be more charges from customs when I get it, but its still much cheaper than £270 from this country!

I'll let y'all know how long it takes, and how much I have to pay.

Cheers
DB

J.P
29-05-2008, 01:19 PM
From what I know it's all about the dyno set up, regardless of the maps you might come across for the power comander, that really makes the difference to your bike. The guys who did mine were saying just how much each bike can differ and a shelf bought map just won't be right most of the time.
You got someone to help you with that ?

neilbaldry
29-05-2008, 01:28 PM
i got mine from MPR, didnt get stung either. easy to fit un'all

DevilBoy
30-05-2008, 10:47 AM
JP, there is a dynojet place near me.
I'm going to try a downloaded map to start off with, see how that goes.

If it feels like it could improve, i'll go down there for a custom setup.
I think last time I asked, it was over £100 for a run!
I dunno how much he'll charge for setup.

Anyone know how much it should be for setup of the powercommander?

I am definately going along to watch too. Its gonna sound monstrous in a little room, revving the balls of it. Better bring ear plugs!!!

J.P
30-05-2008, 10:56 AM
I know I paid about £175 for all of the set up. Took just over two hours to map all the way through the range and at loads of throttle settings.

Yorkie
30-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Thats a bit expensive for a Dyno run isnt it? Just to see power output or to set it up??

Yorkie

Gilps
30-05-2008, 11:08 AM
The guy I use charges £25 for a dyno run. For that you just get a power and torque chart for your current set up. He charges £125 for a standard PC set up. To really get the most out of a PC then you need to map both cylinders independently. The PC3 USB is capable of supporting two separate maps, one for each cylinder. This does cost quite a bit more to set up though, as you really end up doing 3 set ups - front, rear, then front again to tweak.

J.P
30-05-2008, 11:45 AM
SO £150 for the one Gilps uses and £175 for the blokes I used. That's your range for a full custom map set up for you.

Gilps
30-05-2008, 01:44 PM
SO £150 for the one Gilps uses and £175 for the blokes I used. That's your range for a full custom map set up for you.

My bloke's only £125 as he doesn't charge the additional £25 if he is setting up the PC. The £25 charge is a one off charge if you just want to know how your bike is performing. If you want both cylinders mapping he charges about £300 as it requires 3 set up sessions.

DevilBoy
30-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Yikes.
Expensive!

I'll have a word with my local bloke, see exactly how much he'll charge.

I'm still gonna whack a downloaded map on there to see me through till I get it mapped properly though...

DevilBoy
11-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Right guys, power commander came this morning.

No customs charges to speak of. They just delivered it.
I may get a letter at some point, but for now, looks like I got me a power commander for £150! :)

If the customs people do decide to be evil, the guys at MPR have put on the package that it cost $100!
So customs can only charge me like £17 I guess.

It took 9 days to get here with standard postage, but I can highly recommend Moore power racing.

Now to fit the bugger!
:)