PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 18th May 2008

Yorkie
10-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Just a quick one, Ray from DSC asked me to post this for all:

Sunday May 18th Meet at Thirsk market square for a meet/ride 10.30am. All welcome UKMOC, DOCGB, DuN or the merely curious. Probably Heading towards the coast, Whitby, over the moors. The cafe in the square is usually open for tea, coffee etc.

Just call in for a natter if you like, we'll be leaving about 11.15am for a ride.

There was a good turnout on this meet last year, from all the clubs, forums and surrounding areas, some I'd not seen for a good few years.

I will be there in shorts/t-shirt and trainers! Im not going on the ride out but i will be there from about 1030, for about 30-40 mins!

Yorkie.

PS Be aware of the silver unmarked Skoda Octavia prowling the A19/A168 areas!

nambduke
13-05-2008, 06:45 PM
......got my dates mixed up! Hadn't realised :fou: the date said the
18th....Duuurrrrr

I'll be there....

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

Scotty
13-05-2008, 08:27 PM
I shall no doubt be attending if anyone's up for a ride down from the north east

there could be a few of us, i get back with a time and a place

sprintbint
14-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Would love to attend unfortunately will be heading back from a rally Sunday morning...

andros
15-05-2008, 07:29 AM
I'm definately going to try to be there for about 10ish so I will look out for you guys

Yorkie
15-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Come on there should be more!!

This could be quite a large gathering of Dukes in Thirsk!

Yorkie

nambduke
17-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi all,

Hope to see you in Thirsk tomorrow morning at around 10:00! Weather looks good......

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

Scotty
17-05-2008, 07:40 PM
uh oh yeah , one or two of 'us' or 'them' depending which side of the fence your on, meeting at Yarm clock tower thing 9 ish then over to Thirsk

Scotty
18-05-2008, 06:04 PM
yhey how good was today , admittedly a steady ride across from Thirsk to Whitby but much less traffic on the way home which was a bonus :)

hope you got home ok Andros and the bike didn't cut out too many times ;) (I'm thinking a suspect wire near the head stock for the kill switch)

with any luck someone will post some photo's over here
http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=535

Yorkie
18-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Scotty,

The same here! What a good ride back home! Got my knee down all over the shop. Going up hill off camber just after RAF Flyingdales, nice 90 degree left hander knee down all the way!!

It was great! Good to see such a differing amount of Dukes, i just need the bigger engine now!!!

Yorkie.

nambduke
18-05-2008, 07:34 PM
.....this bike.....too flash by half! And oh so noisy compared to our quiet bikes!!!

:cry: If only.........

One thing I would say though....the acceleration from 100mph was very slightly impressive!!

Regards,
Mark ' I've got a crap bike' Nambduke

Ahhhhh - and the number plate wasn't on straight! Crap!

Scotty
18-05-2008, 07:49 PM
has to be said it sounded fantastic, in particular when setting off, has a characteristic chirp to it

nambduke
18-05-2008, 07:50 PM
has to be said it sounded fantastic, in particular when setting off, has a characteristic chirp to it

SO you got home ok.....no more rain then?

Scotty
18-05-2008, 08:27 PM
found a wee bit more just past Darlo , don't know how i managed it but i seemed to criss cross the same rain cloud about 5 times :doh:

andros
18-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Was a really good day out and yes I love that Desmosedici and that noise.

Was good to meet you guys again and thanks Scotty yes I got home with no more cutting out. I did wonder about wires at the headstock, but Im just hoping fresh petrol may have been the answer so fingers crossed.

Hope its not too long before our next meet.

nambduke
18-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Was a really good day out and yes I love that Desmosedici and that noise.

Was good to meet you guys again and thanks Scotty yes I got home with no more cutting out. I did wonder about wires at the headstock, but Im just hoping fresh petrol may have been the answer so fingers crossed.

Hope its not too long before our next meet.

Good to see you again. Regarding your bike problem, they always reckon that 90% of breakdowns are electrical. Get a can of ACF 50 and spray all your connections. With the bike running, pull and tug your harness in and around the headstock area and also check the connections around the engine and fusebox areas. You might find something....it just seemed strange the way the bike just stops? The only other electical thing to think of is the immobiliser circuit or alarm if you have one fitted. Suppose it'll develop in time one way or another.

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

Yorkie
18-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Namb,

Id rather have that 750 Ratbike that someone (Scotty) was on!

A lot more character, and cheaper!

Yorkie.

nambduke
18-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Namb,

Id rather have that 750 Ratbike that someone (Scotty) was on!

A lot more character, and cheaper!

Yorkie.

.....absolutely!

Mind you....the acceleration was something else.......it was like watching something being launched by a catapult.....:mand:

Mark

andros
19-05-2008, 08:01 AM
Yep Scottys bikes definately got some character, but I know what you mean you can have just as much fun on a bike that costs very little.

Thanks Mark for your suggestions, I will have a check round all of the connections as you have suggested as it was very sudden and then just cleared so could very well be a bad connection.