PDA

View Full Version : Battery boosters

retskcid
09-05-2008, 06:18 AM
Has anyone got one? Can you rec any?

I have to admit to being slightly paranoid about reliability and I'm thinking of keeping a booster at work so I dont get stranded.

Gilps
09-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Has anyone got one? Can you rec any?

I have to admit to being slightly paranoid about reliability and I'm thinking of keeping a booster at work so I dont get stranded.

Maplins were doing this one a while back for £20
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=49038&doy=9m5
but it's £40 now. The only downside to it is the size of the croc clips. They are rather large as they are meant for a car but could probably be cut down a bit or new clamps fitted. They do work - bought 2 when they were on offer.

retskcid
09-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Cheers and good point, I hadn't thought about the size of the clips!

This seems to be a good unit but expensive.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/jump-start-4000/brand/clarke

NewMon
09-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Why not get a battery conditioner at work and plug it in while the bike is parked? (assuming you can physically manage that). There's another thread running about conditioners at the moment.

retskcid
09-05-2008, 07:53 AM
That would be ideal but unfortunately not possible.

jerry
09-05-2008, 03:45 PM
I think you are being paranoid but a battery tender would be best.

retskcid
09-05-2008, 05:08 PM
I think you are being paranoid but a battery tender would be best.

Hahaha, I think you are right! This is the first time in over 10 years that I am worried, the S4 can't be that unreliable can it?!!

I guess its because of the initial problems I've had.

gary tompkins
09-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Can you park it at the top of a hill?

I had to for 6 weeks after the kickstart snapped on my morini. Took that long to a replacement shipped over from Italy - oh how I laughed :rolleyes: Luckily for me there was a 50m long slope at the side of our works carpark. I got very good at bump starting that bike after a while, but think it would probably kill me these days.