PDA

View Full Version : Sunday? Anyone?

benson
08-05-2008, 10:15 PM
OK the weather is too good to miss - I am thinking (now I know that can be dangerous...) of a ride on Sunday - the seaside appeals - not sure where but just fancy a run out - anyone else interested - chips? ice cream? No doubt I'll end up in Suffolk...:rolleyes:

squiffything
08-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Ohhh Rachael what can I say to an invite like that. I'm hopefully meeting Snips on Sunday to meet him and go for a run. He has his new 696 and will be running in. I'm letting him decide the run and how far he wants to head out but I've got the day to play so hopefully we can meet up. Snips really should meet the chairlady of the club :)

benson
08-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Sounds like a good plan Squiffster - look forward to finding out where it is we'll be going!!! Hypers at the ready!!!

Nonnie
09-05-2008, 05:20 AM
I don't think I can make it out to play but if your hypers take you up this way, I do believe there could be cakies and coffeee

benson
09-05-2008, 06:58 AM
CAKE CAKE CAKE!!! Ph yes please - I'll be there! I think I may be forced to go to Great Yarmouth - haven't been there for about 15 years and think I should find out whether it's still the special place it used to be!!!

Nonnie
09-05-2008, 07:01 AM
OMG Yarmouth.

I'll set you a challenge. Try and find someone who isn't dressed like they're straight out of the 80's. Go on, dare you.

benson
09-05-2008, 07:07 AM
I am accepting of the challenge - and I can even come by and tell you if I manage it - PLEASE WILL SOMEONE COME WITH ME THO - COS I IS SCARED!!!

SQUIFFY?????

Snips
09-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi (again) everyone,

Yeah, this sounds good.

So, I'm in, assuming the bike pick-up goes well and the Sun stays out.

As Squiffything mentioned, I'll be running in, and I'll add to that that I'm likely to be overly-precious about my new bike so won't want to leave it for some kid to think its a sit-on-ride, shove 20p in the clocks, and then, when it doesn't flash it's lights and rock back-and-forth, stick his 99 up the pipes in disgust :hissy:

So, assume I'm in, and if I need to drop out, go part way, or whatever, go ahead without me.

Cheers,
Nige

squiffything
09-05-2008, 08:18 AM
lol Nige we don't do that. I for one am a "slow" novice rider, never had me knee down and never popped a wheelie (well not until the other night when I went to go passed a slow car in third and throttled it a bit too much up she went and grin factor hit warp speed oh I love the naughty bike :)

I'll give you a call later today and we'll sort out times.

Rachael are you popping up to Newmarket and we'll go on from here to Costa del Norfolk? What sort of time do you fancy.

benson
09-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Sure am - just give me a postcode and I'll be over!!!

Nonnie
09-05-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm likely to be overly-precious about my new bike so won't want to leave it for some kid to think its a sit-on-ride, shove 20p in the clocks, and then, when it doesn't flash it's lights and rock back-and-forth, stick his 99 up the pipes in disgust :hissy:

Nige

Haha, you've sooo been to Yarmouth before haven't you?!

I beseech you all to swing in for coffee and cakes, I won't be able to get out but I can take orders for cakies.

benson
09-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Now that's too good an offer to refuse!!! Hope to see you for afternoon tea nonnie!

gremlin
09-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Where are you likely to head to, I must admit we avoid bogwoppit central like the plague (Yarmouth). Southwold is beautiful and there's a really good chippy and a nice cafe on the harbour. It would be good to meet up where ever. I'm not confident enough for group riding yet and with the Gremlins handling problems I'm not fast enough either but coffee and cakes sound excellent!

Snips
09-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Where are you likely to head to, I must admit we avoid bogwoppit central like the plague (Yarmouth). Southwold is beautiful and there's a really good chippy and a nice cafe on the harbour. It would be good to meet up where ever. I'm not confident enough for group riding yet and with the Gremlins handling problems I'm not fast enough either but coffee and cakes sound excellent!

I would take zero persuasion to skip Yarmouth ;)

If your bike moves, and can get round a corner, come out and join us!

squiffything
09-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Yup looks like we will be avoiding Yarmouth :) a quieter destination is more in the offing

squiffything
09-05-2008, 01:41 PM
How's that clock ticking Mr Snips? Oh doesn't the day drag by when it's hot in the office and the bike is just yards away saying come and get me

Snips
09-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Yep, certainly like "waiting for Christmas".

I'm working at home today, which in the circumstances, doesn't help the concentration.

This weather better hold.

tick, tock, tick, tock...

benson
09-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh it will it will - and by the way - can we all have a little go on the 696 on Sunday???:) :) :) :)

Snips
09-05-2008, 03:13 PM
can we all have a little go on the 696 on Sunday???:) :) :) :)

:shocked:

Hang on... something's come up... seems I have an appointment to 'wash my hair' I hadn't noticed!

Go back and read that bit about me being 'overly precious of my new bike' again :)

I'm not quite ready to 'pimp my ride' in the more literal sense :)

benson
09-05-2008, 03:15 PM
AAAAwwwwww please - just a little sit on it then - and you get to keep hold of the keys!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Snips
09-05-2008, 03:19 PM
AAAAwwwwww please - just a little sit on it then - and you get to keep hold of the keys!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

OK, maybe a sit on 'my precious', but you have to promise to only say how much you like it.

squiffything
09-05-2008, 03:21 PM
lol Snips she's a bike mad girl she has three or four or five. You will be perfectly safe as will your baby. Although you might change your mind should Rod offer the keys to his absolutely wonderful machine to take for a spin :) That ain't gonna happen

Snips
09-05-2008, 03:22 PM
OK, maybe a sit on 'my precious', but you have to promise to only say how much you like it.

errr, just read that back, what's the emoticon for :blush: ?

benson
09-05-2008, 03:23 PM
I will sit very still and tell you exactly how lovely it is....
Or was that a Russian film I once saw with slightly blue tinge? :cens:
Say nothing.....

squiffything
09-05-2008, 03:29 PM
errr, just read that back, what's the emoticon for :blush: ?

PMSL Oh you're gonna fit right in around here Mr Snips

Grumpy
09-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Oh Oh ! i've just been given permission to come out and play!Plus, I can't miss the oppertunity to see benson on Mr Snips precoius !I'll bring the camera!!
Where are we meeting up, i'm about 30mins from Newmarket, and what time?:)

benson
09-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Reckon you'd be best to PM Squiffything as he's planning on a morning adventure and I'm planning on turning up at a civilised hour in the afternoon!!! Be good to see you again - and plan a run to Great Bentley too in the not too distant future!

gremlin
09-05-2008, 06:22 PM
But where are you ending up for the all important coffee and cakes and the posing!

Grumpy
09-05-2008, 06:50 PM
I'll stop where ever I find cakes, the bigger the better!!lol

Snips
09-05-2008, 06:50 PM
When I spoke to Squiffything earlier, he was thinking of a local Newmarket rideout, giving me the option to bail on the seaside jaunt if I that was too much.

But I'm going to opt in for the seaside, so, unless Squiffything wants a morning local ride too (which is a possibility), we'll meet up at a time when Benson can make it here, and then head for the coast.

[this post has been double-checked for inadvertent innuendo, still blushing from earlier]

Grumpy
09-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Great, just let me know the details, and i'll meet up with benson plus yourself.

gremlin
09-05-2008, 09:37 PM
But where are you heading to! I'm already more or less there depending on which bit of coast if you head for the coast! You could be really adventurous and head for North Norfolk and the Albatross at Wells which does scrummy Dutch pancakes and has live music, or Southwold for rather lovely cakes and homemade pies, but please don't let it be bogwoppit central! What ever is decided upon please allow an ETA that allows for muppet with wobbly wheel. Southwold is about an hour away as is Wells, unfortunately Yarmouth is the closest at 45 mins away but I come out in hives thinking about it! Bury is also attractive if the coast doesn't appeal.

Snips
09-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Southwold is about an hour away as is Wells, unfortunately Yarmouth is the closest at 45 mins away but I come out in hives thinking about it!

I was persuaded by your earlier suggestion of Southwold, and I think that's the target.

AndyP
09-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Not many votes for Yarmouth then!
Just say where and when and I'll see you there.

benson
09-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Think it's a Southwold meet then! Reckon on being there in the afternoon myself - given that it's a Sunday and I need my lie in!!!
PLEASE feel free to meet up earlier and I'll join you at a reasonable hour - but for me I reckon on it being early afternoon - say between 2 and 3 by the time I get there???

Snips
09-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Think it's a Southwold meet then! Reckon on being there in the afternoon myself - given that it's a Sunday and I need my lie in!!!
PLEASE feel free to meet up earlier and I'll join you at a reasonable hour - but for me I reckon on it being early afternoon - say between 2 and 3 by the time I get there???

Is that 2-3 in Southwold, and about an hour or so earlier in Newmarket?

gremlin
10-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Heading for the harbour or main bit? Harbour has pub, cafe and chish and fips within hundred yards or so of each other. I'll aim to be there around 2ish, there's usually loads of space to park, although it is gravel so those of us with new bikes will have to be extra careful! And of course those of us whose only experience with gravel left them with a dislocated knee will also be going very carefully!

Grumpy
10-05-2008, 08:13 PM
southwold it is!
I'll make my way there via the a1120( great road)
Snips, would you like to meet at the petrol station on the A14/A140 junction at 1pm?

Grumpy
10-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Oh, should have said,the harbour sounds like a good place to meet everyone.

Snips
10-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Sorry white537, I'm a 'follower' :) , I'll PM you my tel. number and we'll meet up where we can.

Cheers.

mikej
13-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Would love to join you for my first ride out as a UKMOCer (?)

Would be heading out from North London (Muswell Hill) so could meet anybody else leaving the big smoke anywhere that is convenient.

Just let me know where and when.

Thanks,

Mike.

Nonnie
13-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Ooooops Mike, that was last Sunday!

There will be another along shortly though. Be good to meet you.

benson
13-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Absolutely sir! Watch out for another thread shortly...
Next weekend is the weekender but there'll be more after that for sure!!!

Nonnie
14-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Mike, wanna see a whole load of Monsters?

Come to the annual UKMOC Weekender, it's the weekend after next in Warwickshire.

I'll find you a thread about it, hold on.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=25489