PDA

View Full Version : Foot hanger bolts

JimmyF
08-05-2008, 04:20 PM
After buying some high level termignoni pipes for my monster, I read some of the posts on here and realised I needed to make some spacers so that the exhausts do not foul the hangers. The termi's were a tebay purchase and I didn't get any with it.

I've managed to make some 10mm spacers (thanks to Slob for sending me some dimensions) but I'm not sure if the standard bolts will be long enough to fix the hangers to the frame with the spacers present. Will they be ok holding by just a couple of threads and some loctite?

or, Does anyone know where I can buy some longers hanger bolts? I think pro-bolts do some but they are expensive titanium jobs and I'd probably prefer some bog-standard ones as I'm a cheapskate:(

or if anyone has any spare that they wouldn't mind parting with for a modest consideration I'd be even more grateful ?:thumbsup:

cheers

retskcid
11-05-2008, 07:00 PM
My bike came with hi levels and makeshift spacers (mostly washers) and std length bolts, personally I wouldn't rec it. I bought the proper high level mount kit which comes with brackets (did you get these?) spacers, bolts, etc.

They are not just normal bolts, they have a shoulder on them. You should be able to buy just the longer bolts from Ducati?

COR
11-05-2008, 08:26 PM
I replaced my foot peg mountings for rear sets as I have no intention of taking pillion anyhow.

JimmyF
13-05-2008, 07:19 PM
cheers guys.
yep, got the brackets and have fitted them, just didn't get any spacers or bolts.
Have just bought some of the longer bolts though, the titanium hanger bolts are reduced to a fiver a piece in the reduced section on the tastynuts.com site if anyone is interested