PDA

View Full Version : Removing clutch

Albie
01-05-2008, 09:21 PM
As I will have to remove my clutch very soon I was after some tips about what to look out for. I snapped a spigot because I cleaned the plates and DID not put the pressure plate on properly. Amazing I take the whole bike apart and put it back together and this I muck up:dunce: :dunce: . Had I not put outer cover on it would have been fine.

Anyway thats my stupid fault. Special tools ? I have a spare spacer ring which I can weld a handle onto.

Any advice welcome.

Andy:thumbsup:

Scotty
01-05-2008, 09:36 PM
umm the proper tool makes this job a million times easier

if you can fabricate the proper tool all the better try and use a few worn out clutch plates bits to spread the load rather than just one

its the middle drum you want to hold still to undo the nut a long breaker bar is also handy for undoing the 186 nm or whatever its torqued up to

thread lock the centre nut when reassembling

im not sure i should tell you the bodge method use at yuor own risk , ive done it once or twice and got 'away with it'

you can put the bike in gear and then stand on the rear brake this will hold the shaft still so you can undo the nut

however it places all the 186nm strain on the gearbox = bad

nambduke
01-05-2008, 10:21 PM
In my quest to remove my sprocket nut (all sorted now thankfully), I had a bit of a trawl of the net and found this page. Might be useful....There's one tool I am going to make for the future......the countershaft sprocket removal tool......

http://people.aapt.net.au/~arkay/ducati/tools.html

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

gary tompkins
02-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Great link Mark - a really useful web page :thumbsup:

nambduke
02-05-2008, 10:06 PM
GT

Just think what it would be like if we knew who had tools for hire or regional reps/mechanics who had expertise other members could call on?

So, who's going to manufacture or donate some of these tools for us?

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

gary tompkins
03-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Well if some kind soul can donate a couple of shagged clutch plates....

I may be able to fabricate a clutch holding tool ;)

Albie
03-05-2008, 05:41 PM
I have one I think.:idea:

grunter
03-05-2008, 07:50 PM
ebay ??? tick tock tick tock

gary tompkins
03-05-2008, 08:30 PM
I have one I think.:idea:

tool or clutch plate?

Albie
03-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Clutch plate. You just need to weld a handle on it for me.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :chuckle: