PDA

View Full Version : Forum Development

Pedro
01-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Okey dokey,

after this afternoons little spat on the other thread, I just wanted to say that I will, with everybodys thoughts please, try to revamp the forum and perhaps freshen up it's look and make it easier to find stuff. However, please bear in mind that I do have a life outside of the UKMOC and I'm still learning my way round the software!

Ref the membership data issue, I'll speak to Devstars and see if there are any developments etc in trying to fix it.

On a general note I'm dead chuffed that over the last week a good number of people have volunteered to be reps or moderators and that a good deal of activity now seems to be snowballing along nicely, you have my thanks (and I know Benson will share those thoughts).

Over the coming weeks I'll put up some ideas and canvass opinion etc about how things should evolve.

Thanks for all the support, lets make 2008 a great UKMOC year.

Ped

David Matthews
01-05-2008, 07:22 PM
If the glitch with the members who are classed as n/a can be sorted, all well and good. Other than that I can't see anything wrong with the forum. I have learnt a lot, bought some good gear from fellow members and had some good rideouts that have been posted on here. Well done to all concerned and no complaints whatsoever.

Scotty
01-05-2008, 08:11 PM
personally i think this is just about all you need do as 'extra' .

A bit more info about the behind closed doors running of the site

or the surgested fix for the N/A user profiles

I know there's a sticky in the forum help section , perhaps a few more posts in there on how to post pictures or host them etc

CK & AK
01-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Ped, you might poss want to have a chat with Gizmo (webmaster) of Ducati up North - that also runs on V-Bulletin - as he might (or might not, but you never know) be able to give you some valuable input :)

As someone mentioned, maybe a minority of the Smilies might be better off being renamed with std names now? (dont shoot me!)

C:)

benson
01-05-2008, 09:13 PM
It's interesting to see that the club/forum activity has hotted up a little since a few rants have been had -and I hope that we see this sustained and that folks take on what they can to continue to make this a fantastic forum...

I've been here as a regular for a long time now (said in a Little Miss Jocelyn styleeeee for those in the know) and it's a special place - so much so that two of us - me and Ped - agreed to share the presidency - but everyone's help is needed and wanted to make this the biggest and best club there is for monsters - and pretty much anything else too...The reps and mods have certainly pulled their weight and new folk are coming on board all the time - I do think we have some new tricks to share and some new ideas but they'll only be pulled off if others take part and want to influence the way things happen - even if that means spitting the dummy on occasion!

Happy monstering all and hope to see you at the Mill or at other events...

giler
02-05-2008, 05:07 AM
Personally, I love it as it is. No one can help these glitches, if it had happened to me I would just have re registered under a new name; as others have done.
I really apprecite the work that many people do in their own time.

NattyBoy
02-05-2008, 08:21 AM
As is mate - but I would love to be able to post hald decent sized pics without arsing about resizing everything.

But then I am a computer simpleton....

Although I can now change the colour of the text on my e-mails - surely a sign of genius ??? :dizzy:

Stafford
02-05-2008, 08:35 AM

Don't you mean complete simpleton? ;)

But yes being able to post pics would be nice.

Half Man Half Mole
02-05-2008, 08:41 AM
As is mate - but I would love to be able to post hald decent sized pics without arsing about resizing everything.

Although I can now change the colour of the text on my e-mails - surely a sign of genius ??? :dizzy:

There's a way to change the colour of text? Wow! I'm still mastering typing with paws.

Mike

Gilps
02-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Most sites have a size limit which precludes posting decent sized pics so it's not just here. I find it easy enough to put them up on Photobucket then post the link. I don't know what software they run on the Ducatisti site but it has a nice feature. You can post a link to a largish picture on Photobucket and it shows the pic in the thread, but it automatically resizes the pic to the page so that it doesn't go real wide forcing all the text above and below it to be too wide to be read forcing you to then scroll side to side to read it. You can then click on the pic to see the full size version if you want.
Other than that, this site is great. Please keep it just the way it is. Thanks to all involved for getting it this far and keeping it this way.

NattyBoy
02-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Don't you mean complete simpleton? ;)

But yes being able to post pics would be nice.

My mistake !

I'll remember that when im fumbling on my calculator working out a price for your next peice of 888 bling...:rolleyes: :eek: :chuckle:

retskcid
09-05-2008, 02:01 PM

Ditto what he said:thumbsup:

squiffything
09-05-2008, 02:45 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/squiffything/theladies.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/squiffything/no.jpg

Nat if you use photobucket you just upload your pic and away you go for a forum do you need any pic bigger than these above?

Snips
09-05-2008, 03:02 PM
I don't know the background on this thread here, but I was an active member of the Ducati Monster List until earlier this week when it went 'for profit' and the dedicated mods all [understandably] resigned, and the site effectively went into meltdown overnight.

So, I'm sure I'm not alone in appreciating the efforts of those that do this as a labour of love.

The site owners, mods and local reps work tirelessly on our behalf to make this club what it is, and yet ask for nothing in return.

Let's show a little :heart: to the folk who run this show.

That said, how come they've overlooked adding the 696 as an option for 'My Bike' in the profile?!? Gross incompetence, I say :Furious:

...just kidding :)

btw, the DML members are regrouping at www.ducatimonsterworldwide.org