PDA

View Full Version : what fits my s2r........shocking i tell you!

damon
30-04-2008, 06:33 AM
ducati multistrada ohlins shock fitted to my s2r? seen one on ebay....

if not what shocks AND forks do fit cos im never to sure on looking for upgrades?

If anybody has some ohlines they wish to sell in my direction let me know if you could chaps

Stafford
30-04-2008, 07:03 AM
I doubt it very much. I've been watching ebay for ages looking for an Ohlins rear for my S2R, saw one from Italy but the guy wanted dealer prices. So I'm still looking as well. Now Ohlins forks mmmmmm nice. :heart:

Dave G
30-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Think laterally, Ohlins shocks can generally have their fittings replaced so look for one thats the right size but a different fitment and the range opens up.
Find out what the fittings are for your bike and what other models use this, I managed to get a relatively cheap ohlins shock for my NC30 by finding one on ebay advertised for the Hornet, both the same fitment and length though no-one else bid on the hornet one whereas NC30's are still much sought after.

damon
30-04-2008, 07:16 AM
I doubt it very much. I've been watching ebay for ages looking for an Ohlins rear for my S2R, saw one from Italy but the guy wanted dealer prices. So I'm still looking as well. Now Ohlins forks mmmmmm nice. :heart:

surely loads of other older ducatis have the same fixings or fork sizes etc,

C'mon somebody put us out of our misery:banghead:

Gilps
30-04-2008, 08:13 AM
The shock will be a tricky one. Ohlins off other models just won't fit. I bought a 748 one but just no joy. There is not enough room for the remote reservoir. The S4R has a slightly different frame where the shock mounts so they have less issues.
I fitted a Nitron but used an Ohlins spring as I didn't want a purple spring on a yellow bike, but I could have had it powder coated. There are ther makes out there too, WP, Wilbers etc.
The forks are 50mm so anything from the older bikes will fit. I picked up a brand new, still in the box, set of fully adjustable Showas off an S2r 1000 for £115 on ebay.

damon
30-04-2008, 10:17 AM
The shock will be a tricky one. Ohlins off other models just won't fit. I bought a 748 one but just no joy. There is not enough room for the remote reservoir. The S4R has a slightly different frame where the shock mounts so they have less issues.
I fitted a Nitron but used an Ohlins spring as I didn't want a purple spring on a yellow bike, but I could have had it powder coated. There are ther makes out there too, WP, Wilbers etc.
The forks are 50mm so anything from the older bikes will fit. I picked up a brand new, still in the box, set of fully adjustable Showas off an S2r 1000 for £115 on ebay.

Good old gilps (not that old mind)

so basically are we saying the shock is pretty much a no go 2nd hand but aslong as i find some forks 50mm they should fit? what about length & fittings down at the wheel end?

cheers

Kato
30-04-2008, 10:55 AM
All the later models 2000 ish on use the 25mm axel and 65mm caliper spacing so that should not be a problem forks from SBK's can also be used but need to have the triple clamps machined to accept them ..not a huge or costley job

JerryXt
30-04-2008, 11:16 AM
go to www.solocorse.co.uk - he sells Wilbers kit which is as good as Ohlins. They build the shock to your bike, build and riding style at the factory. That's the best approach IMHO.

And tell David that Jerry sent you and ask him WHERE IS JERRYS BL**DY ISR MOUNT :D