PDA

View Full Version : Paddock stand

Papplewick Red
28-04-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm looking for a rear paddock stand for my S4Rs. :scratch:

My local Ducati dealer want over £130 - to be fair it's very robust but I'd like to be able to afford some chain lube as well! Can anybody recommend a cheaper alternative of simular quality with the spindle on roller bearings? Alternatively does anybody have one knocking about in their garage their willing to sell?

Cheers, Steve

damon
28-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi steve,

i have the ducati one myself and they are really good, but i have a feeling any from the single sider swing arm range will fit so maybe if you check ebay for 916/748 ones they do the trick?

maybe im wrong but im sure somebody will be along soon to point that out, where abouts in notts do you live by the way? me and two other mates all live in Long eaton with monsters and go out for a thrash every time the weather holds, might be worth us meetin up over the summer months

Gilps
28-04-2008, 11:54 AM
anything from a 916/996/998 will fit too. I got me a FG one, that's the same as the DP one, some guy was selling from his 998. Got it on ebay for £29.
Do a search on ebay, but keep an eye out for spelling mistakes. Not many people bid on a "padock" stand.

Papplewick Red
28-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi steve,

i have the ducati one myself and they are really good, but i have a feeling any from the single sider swing arm range will fit so maybe if you check ebay for 916/748 ones they do the trick?

maybe im wrong but im sure somebody will be along soon to point that out, where abouts in notts do you live by the way? me and two other mates all live in Long eaton with monsters and go out for a thrash every time the weather holds, might be worth us meetin up over the summer months

Hi Damon,

That's great info on the stand....appreciate it.

I live in Papplewick (near Hucknall) which is around 10mins away from jct 27 of the M1. I'm definately up for a ride out, I've got a mate who's also recently bought a Monster - I'm sure he'd be up for it too.

Let me know the next time you plan to go out for a thrash and I'll do my best to meet up!

Thanks again,

Steve

Papplewick Red
28-04-2008, 01:35 PM
anything from a 916/996/998 will fit too. I got me a FG one, that's the same as the DP one, some guy was selling from his 998. Got it on ebay for £29.
Do a search on ebay, but keep an eye out for spelling mistakes. Not many people bid on a "padock" stand.

Thanks for the advice..........I especially like the speling mistake tip :chuckle: I'll keep my eyes open.

Steve

damon
28-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi Damon,

I live in Papplewick (near Hucknall) which is around 10mins away from jct 27 of the M1. I'm definately up for a ride out, I've got a mate who's also recently bought a Monster - I'm sure he'd be up for it too.

Let me know the next time you plan to go out for a thrash and I'll do my best to meet up!

Thanks again,

Steve

Just watch the weather forecast bud, if its good we're out :) lets see what saturday brings us

Papplewick Red
28-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Saturday's the only day I can't do this week - weather permitting I'm up for any other evening/day though!

Let's see what the weather does I've heard that it's gonna warm up towards the end of the week

nbatty3
29-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi Damon,

Thanks again,

Steve

i'm just south of you guys can you keep me informed of the odd ride?

thanks
neil

damon
30-04-2008, 05:46 AM
i'm just south of you guys can you keep me informed of the odd ride?

thanks
neil

yeh definately, me and a mate are hopefully gonna try and go to ducati coventry this sat as they are having an open day, if the weathers good all feel free to come along. where abouts do you live then neil?

nbatty3
30-04-2008, 04:32 PM
ahhh saturday i'm working gutted!!!

i'm just up the road at gunthorpe unicorn is my local!

damon
30-04-2008, 04:35 PM
ahhh saturday i'm working gutted!!!

i'm just up the road at gunthorpe unicorn is my local!

pity that bud, we've got the 848 & hypermotard allocated to use both at the same time for test rides for an hour.....30 mins on each one :)

they must be bonkers:chuckle:

nbatty3
30-04-2008, 05:02 PM
pity that bud, we've got the 848 & hypermotard allocated to use both at the same time for test rides for an hour.....30 mins on each one :)

they must be bonkers:chuckle:

That will be awesome!!!!
i've ridden the hyper it has the potential of serious fun!!!

i've got a 1098 in the garage :thumbsup: but do like the 848 looks in white!! i've been doing research and the pannels swap so there's a future project!!

damon
30-04-2008, 06:15 PM
That will be awesome!!!!
i've ridden the hyper it has the potential of serious fun!!!

i've got a 1098 in the garage :thumbsup: but do like the 848 looks in white!! i've been doing research and the pannels swap so there's a future project!!

oh a 1098 in the garage eh :idea:

did i mention when we go out on rides we do swapsys :chuckle:

nbatty3
30-04-2008, 08:52 PM
swapsies!!!........... ok yes with pleasure just need a £12k deposit in cash and help yourself!! play away! ;0)

Papplewick Red
01-05-2008, 06:18 AM
swapsies!!!........... ok yes with pleasure just need a £12k deposit in cash and help yourself!! play away! ;0)

Guys,

I'm gutted about Saturday too - I've already commited to going down to the city ground to hopefully watch the other red & whites of my life win promotion to the Championship! I just hope it's worth turning down a ride on an 848 and a Hyper :worried:

The current forecast looks reasonable or the weekend - does anybody fancy a ride out on Sunday or Monday??

damon
01-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Guys,

I'm gutted about Saturday too - I've already commited to going down to the city ground to hopefully watch the other red & whites of my life win promotion to the Championship! I just hope it's worth turning down a ride on an 848 and a Hyper :worried:

The current forecast looks reasonable or the weekend - does anybody fancy a ride out on Sunday or Monday??

im sure i could squeeze another in somewhere, got a bbq saturday night so sunday morning may be off the cards due to hangover. ill keep you posted:thumbsup:

Papplewick Red
01-05-2008, 05:11 PM
im sure i could squeeze another in somewhere, got a bbq saturday night so sunday morning may be off the cards due to hangover. ill keep you posted:thumbsup:

Nice one Damon. As you're working on Saturday are you up for it to Batty? As I'll be trying to avoid my laptop like a 4 cylinder Jap bike over the weekend I'll drop you a PM with my mobile number Damon.

Steve

nbatty3
01-05-2008, 05:58 PM
monday is a good day!!! although the monster isn't going to be taxed until next week!! will you take a imposter?