PDA

View Full Version : Respray after misfortune

yellownev
27-04-2008, 08:27 PM
I took my blue 750 out last week to the local DIY shop. Filtered to the front of some lights and set off only to hear a nasty sound behind. Quick check reveled my rear seat cowling had deserted me and was cartwheeling down the road. Luckily the car behind stopped and actually collected it and drove it to me - nice family. so now I have a well scratched and generally poorly looking tail cowling. Initially I was going to just get it resprayed, but after seeing a few red monsters with the white stripe I fancy a change.

So any recommendations for good local (I am in Derby) resprayers who could do this and and idea of cost?

TIA

Nev

PS - I'd suggest regular checking of the thumb screws that hold the tail piece on.......

Pedro
27-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Change the thumbscrews for bolts - you can tighten them more and it stops some opportunistic light fingeredness!

yellownev
29-04-2008, 09:28 PM
To answer my own question - I have been quoted 300 quid plus vat for a full respray in Ducati red plus white stripe and ducati decals etc.

Place in Derby called Cordwells motorcycles.

http://www.cordwellsmotorcycles.co.uk/

Any comments on the price? Or anyone used them before?

TIA

Nev

Lucati
29-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Doesn't it work out cheaper to buy an s2r seat cover with the white stripe already on it? I'm sure my 695 one was only £150.