PDA

View Full Version : More help please - removing S2R stock rear sets

markus
25-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Hey everyone,

could someone also talk me through the process of removing/replacing my stock rear sets on my s2r - stupid questions but if I just unbolt them will the swing arm fall off and the bike land on the floor????

I'm going to powder coat them and put them back on untill I can afford some sexy rizoma ones

Thanks
Mkus

Capo
25-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Two bolts holding the bracket to the engine and one large (aluminium) bolt that fixes the bracket to the swinging arm spindle
The swing arm spindle will not come out as it is located by a circlip each end and a cotter pin.

markus
25-04-2008, 11:54 AM
great thanks

Capo
25-04-2008, 12:04 PM
And oh yeah do the removal with the bike on a rear stand NOT the side stand.

Also while the isolation rubbers on the engine fixing, can be removed easily, I'm not so sure about the large isolator where it mounts to the swinging arm.

The powder coating process will damage the rubber.

singletrack
25-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Markus - if you have any problems let me know - my hubby removed my rearsets, without a paddock stand. He re-used all the rubbers.
He'll be home later if you need any help.

Anne x

Dave G
25-04-2008, 12:23 PM
And let us ( and me specifically ) know how you get on,as I have a spare set of footpegs and hangers I bought for this very purpose-though I was intending to clean off the mould lines on the hangers before powdercoating them.

Dont you have some sort of workshop manual Markus?
I have one of pdf.

markus
25-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Markus - if you have any problems let me know - my hubby removed my rearsets, without a paddock stand. He re-used all the rubbers.
He'll be home later if you need any help.

Anne x

Thanks ST - you're a star, I won't be doing this for a few weeks until I have another form of transport tho as I will need to use the monnie for for than just pleasure till i replace the company car - But I'll probably be in touch :):):)

And let us ( and me specifically ) know how you get on,as I have a spare set of footpegs and hangers I bought for this very purpose-though I was intending to clean off the mould lines on the hangers before powdercoating them.

Dont you have some sort of workshop manual Markus?
I have one of pdf.

i will of course dave - I'm also going to remove the cast marks - I've just done this to a spare bottom yoke that I got from SingleTrack - Improves the looks no end, and for such little effort too.
I do not have a manual - where did you get yours from mate?

Dave G
25-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Had it for a while,if I can figure out a way to compress it -a lot (the file says 30Mbs) I can email it to you.:thumbsup:

markus
26-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Hey Dave - your inbox is full mate - Tried sending you a PM...
I can't see the file on that site mate - perhaps you need to link it to my email? teacosyboy@yahoo.com.

Thanks for this - will be a great help.
Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave G
26-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Try it now Markus,if it doesnt work I'll try it again later when I get back home.