PDA

View Full Version : Power commander - reliable?

retskcid
24-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Tonight I dropped a new battery off with Steve (service guy) in an attempt to sort my bike. Steve mentioned the power commander unit on the bike, apparently he has been advised by a buddy (of Pro Twins I think) that they are not the most reliable units and it may be that causing my problems. Funnily enough when I went through the paper work (when I got home from buying the bike) I noticed it had two units fitted within two years of each other.

I've done a search and most threads seem to favour the PC.

Cheers

benson
24-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Hi there - had mine removed last year - been on the bike 4 years and all of a sudden it started running like a bag of nails - spitting and banging all over the place and just didn't feel right - Ray at Rosso Corse removed aforementioned item and it's a peach now - it was grat before but just suddenly it started to feel all wrong... Lots of folk here have them and love them - and so did I until the loud banging and rough running!!! Best of luck with whatever you decide...

retskcid
24-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I think mines only a couple of years at most. It runs great - when it runs. Problem is its quite a fussy starter and Steve is trying to track down the reason for this. Personally if it runs fine without it I am happy for him to remove it (he's removed the alarm) as its one less thing to go wrong!