PDA

View Full Version : Southend Italian Weekend

emily's driver
22-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Is anyone aware of this? (posted on another forum)

Southend are having an Italian "weekend" on Friday 22nd August and Saturday 23rd and have asked if we can get together a display of bikes and then a rideout through the town. This will be similar to what I believe they had in Horsham over the Easter period. This is the August Bank holiday weekend.

benson
22-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Hadn't heard anything Rod - happy to go though!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: We could have a UKMOC section or anything for that matter - do you know who the organizers are??? Are you back in the UK by then or are you still liekly to be taking over the southern states???:on:

CK & AK
22-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Bovver :( - we'll be racing at pembrey that weekend

LouSCannon
22-04-2008, 06:06 PM
wtf?! Nope not caught this at all!

Mate of mine is getting married on the 23rd up in Bury, but could make the 22nd.

CK & AK
22-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Well, having done a trawl of some of the Ducati forums - its not here on UKMOC, nor DSC nor Ducatisti (the 3 biggest sites in the UK) nor on ISC either.
The only place I can think of is on the DOC forum - which is only available to paid up members.
I havent checked Multistrada site yet - cant think of others to search tho in the UK.

Anyways - an Italian day/weekend is always good tho, lots of sparkly grunty bikes & cars :cool:

Just found out its a DOC event :) open to all

Albie
22-04-2008, 08:43 PM
I will put that in my diary. Sounds good. If you want different bikes I would be up to bringing 748.

markus
22-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Hell I might even come all the way down - sounds like fun!!!!!
I'll be looking for more details as they come

dustybin
23-04-2008, 07:08 AM
Doubt my bike is up to displaying but I'll be there!

squiffything
23-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Oooo I could come along on my shiney new Hyperwotsit :) A rideout and fish and chips in Sarfend is always something to look forward to.

benson
23-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Shiny new hyperwotsit Squiffy - what have you done???

I'm more than happy to go along provided I'm here - but suppose that's a bit obvious really isn't it? I'm just getting my coat.....

w108rna
23-04-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure if i'll still be living in Essex or will have moved back oop north. I have that weekend booked off anyway, so if i'm here, i'll be there.......so to speak!

Paranoid Dave
23-04-2008, 05:18 PM
if nothing else on it sounds like a good day out, but which day of the week is it?

emily's driver
23-04-2008, 05:56 PM
if nothing else on it sounds like a good day out, but which day of the week is it?

Friday and Saturday Dave.

emily's driver
23-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Well, having done a trawl of some of the Ducati forums - its not here on UKMOC, nor DSC nor Ducatisti (the 3 biggest sites in the UK) nor on ISC either.
The only place I can think of is on the DOC forum - which is only available to paid up members.
I havent checked Multistrada site yet - cant think of others to search tho in the UK.

Anyways - an Italian day/weekend is always good tho, lots of sparkly grunty bikes & cars :cool:

Just found out its a DOC event :) open to all

It's here:

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/showthread.php?t=74371&highlight=southend

Nothing to say we can't "invade" the proceedings!

The Kevlar Kid
23-04-2008, 06:23 PM
I'll have a trundle down for this too :)

squiffything
24-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Looks like it could be a busy one and they're planning a ride down the seafront.

Shiny new hyperwotsit Squiffy - what have you done???

I know I know I should have asked you first Miss but you wasn't here and I wanted it soooooo bad and I couldn't wait and it's lovely and I collect it Saturday and I can't wait and I'm not getting all excited at all.....:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

benson
24-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Oh yes yes yes yes yes yes yes well done that man - I am SO proud of you - hurrah!!! We must meet and plan bad things to buy for the new arrivals!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

squiffything
25-04-2008, 07:29 AM
You know the bike well. It's Annes lovely example so lots of goodies already installed. As I know Anne lavishes lots of love and care on all her bikes I had no doubt that I would be getting a good beast and having tried it out for size at the mini-weekender I know it fits my short little legs. :)

Only 24 hours to go and then it comes home with me to play.

banditloon
25-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Eeeeeeeeeeeek I hate dilemmas...

Car or bike, car or bike??

Oh, Bank Holiday weekend, that's a car day then ;)

squiffything
25-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Eeeeeeeeeeeek I hate dilemmas...

Car or bike, car or bike??

Oh, Bank Holiday weekend, that's a car day then ;)

It's a bank holiday weekend get a trailer and take both!!!!!

emily's driver
25-04-2008, 11:25 AM
It's a bank holiday weekend get a trailer and take both!!!!!

Graham I imagine you too face the dilemma of whether to bring your Monster to the UKMOC Weekender or bring your new toy and have to park in the naughty corner with me and a handful of others. It's a tough choice I'm sure.

benson
25-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I know - the naughty corner is sadly going to be a big one this year:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I may well be in there too :thumbsup:

So - what's Ann bought then? Another HYM???

Meanwhile the Triumph is due into the bike shop next week - I am MUCHm ore excited than Justine I'm sure :chuckle:

squiffything
25-04-2008, 12:31 PM
I don't think she is getting another just yet she has the HM and the new Monnie S2R and her hubbie has his bike and I think it was just that one had to go.

Rod I am not booked to go to the weekender :( other things have taken over but I may make an effort to ride up on the Sunday for the rideout. You know just to give the bike a chance to stretch her forks. Sarah has said that if I were to get it it mustn't just sit there and do nothing I must get out on it a bit more than I did on the Monster........

I love my Sarah :)

benson
25-04-2008, 01:04 PM
But haven't you bought the hyper??? :banghead: Or did they have two - sorry - I'm in the slow learners group today (NO comments please...)

squiffything
25-04-2008, 01:37 PM
lol Yes technically I have bought the Hyper but until my legs are wrapped around it and it's on its way home with me I still see it as Annes. She is left with her new monster and Hubbies got his ST4? She tells me there is only room at the inn for two bikes.

benson
25-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Seems reasonable I guess!!! Will be lovely to see you - in the meantime if you want to meet half way for a go on my hyper you're more than welcome - just to make sure it fits!!! :chuckle:

Sorry - hijack over but it's important to work out one's weapon of choice for a ride out!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: