PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood breakfast club may 4th

Edcase
19-04-2008, 06:15 PM
No interest in the main events section so posting in here (as Goodwood is in west sussex) and also London.

There is a bike-themed breakfast club coming up on May 4th down at Goodwood.

Anyone fancy a meet / ride out? These events are well attended, and there are some great roads / pubs nearby!

Any takers?

Ed

Darkness
20-04-2008, 06:27 AM
I was going to ask "so what exactly is the Goodwood Breakfast Club?", but googled it instead and found their site:

( www.Goodwood.co.uk/breakfastclub).

Does anyone know if the breakfasts are worth stopping for?

:spin: :spin:

CK & AK
20-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Socially - emphatically yes, financially - no.

Had a good meet down there a couple of years ago, and also last year - had much more fun in the ride there & back - and catching up with new & old faces, than I did in queueing for a tad overpriced brekkie.

Edcase
20-04-2008, 08:28 PM
maybe we find a good pub somewhere nearby and head there after instead, combine a bit of a ride with some monster-specific chat and reasonably priced grub? :)

Mostro69
21-04-2008, 07:50 AM
I'm keen, and have been a bit absent from UKMOC of late, and good ride-outs in general, so I will work on getting my day pass from the boss (aka my 8-month old son).

katana
21-04-2008, 10:45 AM
I'll probably be there but not sure if on the bike or in a car.

carrot
21-04-2008, 11:30 AM
I should be able to make it as I have given up chasing wiring gremlins and booked it in with a pro bike lekky bloke. :thumbsup: also going on the May day run on the 5th if anyone is going...

SazzaG
21-04-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm up for this if the weather's good.

I'll do my local rep thing and arrange a ride to a nice pub, if people want that.

I went to the Italian Day one last year, and it was really good (I didn't bother queueing for brekkie!). Should be interesting to see if this one is taken over by the Kawahondazukiamahas.

I'll have a think about timings, etc. and post up here soon.

JamesM750
21-04-2008, 03:55 PM
I went a couple of time lasts year and its a nice day out, there is a nice pub not too far away called the Mulberry, not cheap though but worth a visit. http://www.mulberrybarandgrill.com/

I went there on the supercar day and would definitely recommend going to that one (June this year), some of the machines there you only see in pictures. I also did the Prosche one, which is OK if you like porkas.

Mostro69
21-04-2008, 03:58 PM
I went a couple of time lasts year

Drop me a PM if you're going, we could head down from Richmond early. (I'm 80% sure I'm going)

SazzaG
21-04-2008, 03:59 PM
The Mulberry is owned by Chris Evans (in case you didn't know).

There are quite a few good pubs in the area. One favourite is the Cricketers Arms at Duncton. Nice big garden for if the weather's nice.

I bet the supercar one is good. The italian day had some pretty nice cars there - I remember drooling over a Pagani Zonda. Ferrari's were ten a penny!

JamesM750
21-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Drop me a PM if you're going, we could head down from Richmond early. (I'm 80% sure I'm going)

Hmmmmm, would love to head over there but I have a problem, the bike seems to have been sold (only three days ago).

Here are some nice piccies, you dont see too many 288 GTOs!

JamesM750
21-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Here are some nice piccies, you dont see too many 288 GTOs!

And heres one:

w108rna
21-04-2008, 05:54 PM
I posted on this event a few weeks ago, can't remember where now???

I think the theme on the 4th is '2 wheels or more, but less than 4', so it should be a good laugh.

I'll prob be on the SS rather than the Monster as its slightly more comfy and i'm an old fart like that! Anyone else from Essex fancy the ride down?

Mark

Gimley
21-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Any idea of timings etc.
If the weather is ok it would be a nice ride down and back.

G

SazzaG
21-04-2008, 06:33 PM
I think the theme on the 4th is '2 wheels or more, but less than 4',

Seems a bit discriminatory against unicyclists.

scrumpster
21-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Would like to go, not sure if my hip can stand the distance. :worried:

Zimbo
28-04-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm organising a ride in from the West Country for this, leaving Cirencester about 7.30 via Swindon Winchester and Alton, aiming to arrive at Goodwood about 10. Anybody fancy joining me?

SazzaG
28-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Zimbo, maybe we could meet nearby for a group ride-in? Let me know which road you'll be coming in on, and I'll find a good place to meet.

Forecast is looking mixed at the moment, so everyone get doing that sundance!

SazzaG
28-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Right Sussexites, here's the plan.

Meet at Bury Hill carpark 9ish, aiming to leave at 9.30 for a scenic ride to Goodwood, hopefully meeting with a few others on the way.

Post up here if you're interested!

carrot
28-04-2008, 03:17 PM
SAWEET! passed mot today so should be able to amble along to goodwood to say hi and blow out some cobwebs down the 272 :woot: :yoparty: :biggrin:

barbican
28-04-2008, 03:20 PM

Meet at Bury Hill carpark 9ish, aiming to leave at 9.30 for a scenic ride to Goodwood, hopefully meeting with a few others on the way.

Just depends on the bike being ready - or I'll be on the HD

SazzaG
28-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Are they handcrafting your termi's or something??

barbican
28-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Hope they're not handcrafting them - they don't fit well as it is:on:

Apparently they are a couple of weeks behind on the parts orders - Hopefully they will be in CMW this week and fitted ready for the weekend - then I'm only waiting for a hugger which is due................. sometime in the future

adds666
28-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Saz im up for this. Dont know if ne one will remember me but i've grown a bit and my bike has shrunk.

Met once for a ride out this direction. Meet at 9 at Bury hill. Is this a weather permitting or struggle through ride? I dont mind either way. Ride every day regardless of weather. Thats y my bike is no where near as sparkly as every one elses!

SazzaG
28-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Don't worry Adds, I remember you. How can you have grown a bit? I seem to remember you being pretty tall already!

We'll see about the weather. If it's just the odd shower, then I'll probably push through. If it's torrential or snowing, I think I'll stay at home!

See you at Bury Hill, hopefully.

adds666
28-04-2008, 09:48 PM
More outwards than upwards!

Look forward to it. will check back b4 hand to see if ur still going. NE one else going as far as we know? confirmed?

SazzaG
29-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Looks like so far it's:

Me
Adds666
Carrot
Barbican (parts permitting)

And my sun dance is working - the forecast for sunday is sunny and warm - hurrah!

banditloon
29-04-2008, 10:30 AM
And my sun dance is working - the forecast for sunday is sunny and warm - hurrah!

Leaky forkseals... Bank Holiday weekend, Brooklands Auto Italia meet on Saturday, Goodwood on Sunday... Can't go wrong really... Well apart from the nasty wet stuff... (shhhhhhhhhhh sunshine please!!)

Me
Adds666
Carrot
Loon

Manda
29-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Im up for it too.

banditloon
29-04-2008, 10:43 AM
"‘Two wheels or more, excluding four – everything from bikes to buses and trikes to trucks’
Attracting: Any non-four-wheeled vehicle, including motorcycles, scooters, three-wheelers, multi-wheeled commercial vehicles, tanks, etc., no matter how bizarre."

:chuckle:

Excellent, my bike squashed by a tank...

David Matthews
29-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Me
Adds666
Carrot
Loon
Dave Matthews

Coming from Winchester direction, stopping at Loomies for a coffee and then going to Goodwood via a really good B road from Petersfield that Barbican suggested. What time are other members intending getting to Goodwood?

Several members of Ducatisti said that they're going but their website doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

Zimbo
29-04-2008, 06:15 PM
It is now. Be good if we can meet up and ride in together from Winchester way?

alsduc
29-04-2008, 06:20 PM

I could be up for this weather permitting. Ill confirm nearer the time.

Cheers

Alex

David Matthews
29-04-2008, 06:22 PM
It is now. Be good if we can meet up and ride in together from Winchester way?

That sounds good, I see some of the Ducatisti members are meetin at Loomies at nine o'clock and leaving at ten. One of them suggested the following route.

Rather than a ride down the A272 to Midhurst etc. There is a great route from Petersfield, to East Harting then the B2141 - a very wide fast road - to the A286 and then on to Goodwood.

barbican
29-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Rather than a ride down the A272 to Midhurst etc. There is a great route from Petersfield, to East Harting then the B2141 - a very wide fast road - to the A286 and then on to Goodwood.

I imagine that would be pullens lane and south harting no?

SazzaG
29-04-2008, 08:14 PM
I imagine that would be pullens lane and south harting no?

Surely that's the only route from Petersfield to Chichester! One of my favourite roads.

If we're going to meet up with everyone at Loomies, we'll have to set off from Bury Hill a bit earlier, as it's 30 miles from Bury Hill.

I'd be happy to do that, and to lead from Loomies back to Goodwood (it is my area, after all!)

If everyone's OK to leave Bury Hill at 9.15, then we'll do that.

w108rna
29-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Is anyone from Essex attending? Weather permitting, i will be travelling from the Southend area. Does anyone want to meet up at the services on the north of the Dartford crossing?

Mark

SazzaG
29-04-2008, 08:16 PM
You'd better post in the Essex section!

Be great to see you down there. Look for a group of monsters, and it's bound to be us...

scrumpster
29-04-2008, 08:22 PM
If weather is good I will be at Loomies between 9 and 10 :mand:

adds666
29-04-2008, 09:41 PM
OK so 8:30 - 9:00 meet at Bury hill ready to move at 9:15?

barbican
30-04-2008, 08:59 AM
If everyone's OK to leave Bury Hill at 9.15, then we'll do that.

Good plan - - CMW confident that the new bike will be ready on Sat so it looks like I won't have to go on the HD:biggrin:

Crap- - Weather forecast now says rain - start praying to the sun god:hail:

carrot
30-04-2008, 01:54 PM
:eyepopping: didn't know there was a pre-9 time on a sunday will have to fill my water bottle with espresso to make it :dizzy:

:spin: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3230
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_radar.html

carrot
01-05-2008, 02:53 PM
:hissy: bloody weather!!! :booze:

not looking good for sunday!

SazzaG
01-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Nah, metcheck says it will be fine until the evening!

I don't think we've got anything to worry about...

adds666
01-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Bit hesitant on this one. find out tomorrow whether me and the GF have been accepted on a Part buy/Part rent scheme so will need all the money i can get.

Will let you know if im coming for definate tomorrow. Really want to!

SazzaG
03-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Okey dokey, pig in a pokey.

Here's the final plan:

Meet Bury Hill carpark for a 9.15 sharp departure, heading over to Loomies (West Meon) for a 10.00 ride-in to Goodwood. We'll take the fast route over there along the A272, and the fab route towards Chichester through South Harting, etc.

If the weather holds (which Metcheck says it will), I have a nice pub in mind for lunch, not far from Goodwood.

See you all tomorrow!

Gimley
03-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Got an invite to a 2nd Birthday Party tomorrow but have told wife I wont be going as I have planned a trip to Goodwood :biggrin:

So, as long as weather is ok in the morning my plan is to go straight there from Epsom as I am crap in the mornings on a good day so getting down to Bury Hill for 9am on a Bank Holiday Sunday is nigh on impossible for me.

I am gonna be going down A24 to Holmwood then take the A29 the rest of the way to the A27. Im taking it that the meet is at the Racing Circuit?

Never been there so may get lost but I am looking forward to my first meet up.
Hopefully the rain will hold off as I dont own any waterproofs yet.

G

S4Rs-Tone
03-05-2008, 05:12 PM
looks good for me will be coming with barbican and his new bit of bling.

alsduc
03-05-2008, 05:35 PM
I'll be there at bury hill meet for 9.00am (unless pissing down). Looking foward to my first meet up/bike run.:thumbsup:

Alex

Edcase
03-05-2008, 06:01 PM
My keihins are not running right, plugs are black after one run!!

Just putting in some new plugs and leaning it off a bit, all being well will be there.

Anyone coming down from South London?

carrot
03-05-2008, 08:28 PM
I'll have a good go at getting to Bury by 9 but i'm not to hot on getting anywhere on time :twak:

gary tompkins
03-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Socially - emphatically yes, financially - no.

Had a good meet down there a couple of years ago, and also last year - had much more fun in the ride there & back - and catching up with new & old faces, than I did in queueing for a tad overpriced brekkie.

A tad overpriced????

I seem to remember getting fleeced to the tune of £12 :eyepopping:

In fact it cost me less for pukka nosh in the pub on the way home :rolleyes:

Zimbo
03-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Will be at Loomies for breakfast with the DSC meet, leaving for Goodwood about 10. Departing Blunsdon Hill, Swindon at 7.30 if anyone wants to join us, pace fairly brisk.

SazzaG
03-05-2008, 09:01 PM
We should see you all at Loomies. If we're a bit late, I'm sure we'll meet up a Goodwood!

JMo
03-05-2008, 09:25 PM
A tad overpriced????

I seem to remember getting fleeced to the tune of £12 :eyepopping:

In fact it cost me less for pukka nosh in the pub on the way home :rolleyes:

Order your full English breakfast at the airfield cafe, not the main restaurant - it's half the price (at a still pretty steep £6)...

xxx

hipshaker
03-05-2008, 09:50 PM
with a bit of luck i will be going to this ...... i'll be with a load of old blokes .... on old british bikes.

hipshaker
05-05-2008, 10:41 AM
enjoyed the day. lots of nice bikes. loved the blue bmw isetta though!!

nice to say a quick hello to sazza.

crowman
06-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Nice to see plenty of Monnies there, I like Goodwood, it is expensive to eat there, but the atmosphere's good.