PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help with adjustable lever pins?

Gilps
17-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Does anyone know where to get hold of the adjustable type pin for the 996 Brembo master cylinders. This is the pin that fits in to the pivot on the lever and pushes into the rubber seal on the m/c to activate the piston. I want to get the pin with the thread on the end that screws in to the pivot to give some adjustability. I have one on the clutch side but not the brake. There is too much free play on the brake lever before the brakes start to bite.
I can get a pin machined up which is longer but would rahter have the proper adjustable one.
Cheers

Scotty
17-04-2008, 05:51 PM
dealer, buy a new brake leaver for the £40 plus which comes with this part , whereas the patten levers don't :(

... and with that said, if your getting some nicely made ones machined its proberly worth getting a fair few done id have a few off you and I'm sure I'm not the only one

Gilps
17-04-2008, 07:47 PM
dealer, buy a new brake leaver for the £40 plus which comes with this part , whereas the patten levers don't :(

... and with that said, if your getting some nicely made ones machined its proberly worth getting a fair few done id have a few off you and I'm sure I'm not the only one

The problem is that this is for the race bikes. I don't want to be paying that kind of money for race levers - gone through 3 this year already. If I get them machined up they will be non adjustable, just a bit longer, so will have a selection to choose from. I was told that they come with the m/c, not the lever which would make them even more expensive.

gremlin
17-04-2008, 08:09 PM
if you send me a drawing / scetch, i may be able to help.
Mr G

Gilps
17-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks, I'll see if I can get one measured up this weekend.

CK & AK
17-04-2008, 08:37 PM
The problem is that this is for the race bikes. I don't want to be paying that kind of money for race levers - gone through 3 this year already. If I get them machined up they will be non adjustable, just a bit longer, so will have a selection to choose from. I was told that they come with the m/c, not the lever which would make them even more expensive.

3 this year??? :eek:

we've done 1 (from 2 bikes) in the last 3.5 seasons inc trackdays!
Go & make them use pattern levers at £12 a pair till they stop crashing mate!

Gilps m'dear - you must try & get your riders to keep upright :D

C:)

Gilps
18-04-2008, 07:00 AM
3 this year??? :eek:

we've done 1 (from 2 bikes) in the last 3.5 seasons inc trackdays!
Go & make them use pattern levers at £12 a pair till they stop crashing mate!

Gilps m'dear - you must try & get your riders to keep upright :D

C:)

1 in Spain, 1 at Mallory, and one in the van:eek:
I use the pattern levers, although Dom has got one original Brembo fitted. As you say, cheap as chips. Doesn't solve the pins problem though.:)