PDA

View Full Version : Front Engine to Frame Mounting Bolts

darko
16-04-2008, 01:28 PM
thanks to all the help from this forum I am half way through putting the new engine in my bike.

one thing i did not make a note of when taking the old engine out was the gap between the frame and the engine on the front mounts.

when i put the new engine in there is a gap between the engine and the frame - this gap is about 5 / 6mm each side and easily disappears when i tighten the bolts down, but is this correct ?

dunlop0_1
16-04-2008, 02:31 PM
No it is not correct. You should have a spacers that fit in the gaps.

darko
16-04-2008, 02:40 PM
mmm - might have lost those then ! could anyone take a picture to show me what they look like ? are they steel coloured washers ?

dunlop0_1
16-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Been trying to find a picture, without any joy though. Yes they are steel about 5mm thick and about 20mm wide. Two of them which both go on the same side, one on the short bolt at the front and on on the long bolt at the rear (if that makes any sense).

darko
16-04-2008, 03:30 PM
The long bolt at the rear I have fitted its just the front 2 bolts I have missed somehow - thanks, ill see if i can find them !

darko
28-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Just to make sure I have this right - there are only 2 spacers, 1 on the front right (short) bolt and 1 on the rear right hand side of the long bolt ?

carrot
28-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi Darko,
I still have them if you want I didn't need them for the new lump in the end.

darko
28-04-2008, 03:27 PM
hi, thanks - i actually found the one missing spacer and fitted this afternoon.

I actually have a few other bits to sort out though..

1. Need an oil cooler
2. new cam belts
3. need to work out if i need to keep the oil pipes that go to the carbs
4. the oil take off point on the engine has larger thread banjo bolts than the 600 so need to work that one out too.

now the sun is out im getting impatient to get riding again