PDA

View Full Version : Weekender Alternative 2008

Albie
15-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Im posting this up as I saw someone wishes to not do activity involving adrenalin and effort. The thing Im talking about is the nice reasonable ride up to The National Bike Museum which I and others went to 2 years ago. I dont mind going there again so I will take it upon myself unless anyone else wants to, start a list who wishes to join me. If you choose not to on the day its fine.

So here goes

Albie and Caroline

SazzaG
15-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Albie, does this mean you're not doing the activity then?

I have no problem with people doing their own thing on the Saturday, but we are currently slightly short of committed numbers for the karting/motos.

I will be making the decision tomorrow about what we're doing, but until then I need people to stick to what they've chosen, as I can't afford for people to drop out.

Please don't think I'm being negative, or forcing people to do things they don't want to do - we may well end up joining you if numbers are low, as the final decision will be a democratic one! We've had this problem in previous years, where if too many choices are given, it dilutes the numbers.

So please everyone, if you've already voted for karting/moto, but would rather go to the museum, please let me know now on the activity thread.

bigredduke
16-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Im posting this up as I saw someone wishes to not do activity involving adrenalin and effort. The thing Im talking about is the nice reasonable ride up to The National Bike Museum which I and others went to 2 years ago. I dont mind going there again so I will take it upon myself unless anyone else wants to, start a list who wishes to join me. If you choose not to on the day its fine.

So here goes

Albie and Caroline

Sorry Sazza, but I would like to go to the museum. If there are enough people we could negotiate a group booking! Also, as I'm bringing the car :gay: if it's wet I'm happy to take 4 passengers.

SazzaG
16-04-2008, 11:08 AM
BRD, I've got no problem with people wanting to go there (wouldn't mind going myself sometime)

What I don't want is people changing their minds at this late stage!

bigredduke
16-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Those of you who have been to Arrow Mill previously will know it is directly opposite Ragley Hall, a rather s****y stately home. Any road up, it seems there is a classic car & transport show the same dates as the weekender.
"25th & 26th – Classic Car & Transport Show
Over 600 Vintage and Classic Cars, American, Kit and Custom Cars, Motorcycles, Commercials, Club Stands, Autojumble, Tradestands, children's inflatables as well as onsite catering."

I think this could be interesting & fun & it's only a short walk or we could go en mass & display the monsters! Dennis may be able to negotiate discount rate for us!
http://www.ragleyhall.com/events.html

DOH! just realised it's Sunday/Monday

desmo
16-04-2008, 05:08 PM
It's the Museum for me as well.