PDA

View Full Version : Recommend handlebars like s4r please

Albie
14-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Looking for some standard s4r bars or very very similar style in silver. gold or black.Not chrome.Recommend alternatives as well.

Thanks

Pedro
14-04-2008, 10:36 PM
S4R uses Magura Fat Bars. Renthal also do their own version

spm23
15-04-2008, 12:30 AM
So do Rizoma.

Gilps
15-04-2008, 12:43 AM
S4R uses Magura Fat Bars. Renthal also do their own version

I thought they were Renthals. I remember the sales blurb for the S2R saying that Renthals were fitted, and I guess the S4R is the same. This was back in 2005 so maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

Headhunter
15-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi Albie,

As you may have seen from my thread, I am doing the same just with a lesser bike, but I'd still whip past you in the corners. :twak: :p

I really like the magura ones, but I don't think my budget can stretch at the moment, as I'm also getting some rearsets. IMO the rizoma ones look pretty cool and may offer a decent alternative. SPM, mentioned a placed in Germany - desmoworld which are cheap - http://www.desmoworld.de/ - needs translating or lessons in German though.

Let me know which ones you go for, as I'd be interested to know how you find them.

NattyBoy
15-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Yep..magura as fitted to the S2R/S4R/RS..they have a lovely riding position and a better looking profile.

Ducati performance do a complete conversion kit for the S4..the part number you need is 96844102B.

Cheers
Nat

Albie
15-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi Albie,

As you may have seen from my thread, I am doing the same just with a lesser bike, but I'd still whip past you in the corners. :twak: :p

I really like the magura ones, but I don't think my budget can stretch at the moment, as I'm also getting some rearsets. IMO the rizoma ones look pretty cool and may offer a decent alternative. SPM, mentioned a placed in Germany - desmoworld which are cheap - http://www.desmoworld.de/ - needs translating or lessons in German though.

Let me know which ones you go for, as I'd be interested to know how you find them.

Yep you probably will and I really dont mind. My mate scrapps beat me around mallory and I let him. I have sourced a top yoke and have sourced bars already so no need for ducati kit thanks.

I looked at that site and some nice kit.

Headhunter
16-04-2008, 08:59 PM
My mate scrapps beat me around mallory and I let him.

Does he know that? :chuckle: Which bars did you go with, Albie?

Albie
16-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Yes we was going around having fun and he started going faster around gerrards and I couldn't be bothered chasing.Its all about fun on my track days. Hes got more confidence than me as he now bought a track bike.

Anyhow I have well awaiting s4r top yoke and s4r bars and risers.

Headhunter
16-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Personally I think a track day would do me well in terms of my confidence in corners.

My rizoma bars (fat boy ones) + converter for extra width + sportline grips + bar ends arrived today - with the rear sets I couldn't afford magura handlebars, so all being well I should be fitting them at the weekend. Hopefully it's a fairly easy job....

1. Disconnect all bolts (top yoke, clutch & accelerator unit + mirrors etc)

2. Wack on bar risers and new bars - reattach all previously attached units??? :on:

Albie
16-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Yes I agree they do give you more confidence. Trouble is I start getting carried away and Im not sure whether I want to risk my s4. I would take my 748 on a track day now as its a track designed bike. I hope to take it to at least 1 or 2 this year.

Just realised I will need some bar ends for mine. I think I have got magura bars. I will be glad to be able to adjust the bars to and fro.

You wont have any trouble doing them.

Headhunter
16-04-2008, 09:36 PM
I would love to have a 748 for a track bike or similar. Even though my 620 is a workhorse, I'd still be scared to bin her on the track because of all the mods. Mind you, I'm sure binning any bike (track or not) is not exactly going to be cheap.

I guess it's ride what you are prepared to lose with the clear intention of it not happening in the 1st place.

Am looking forward to seeing your S4 at the weekender and yes all being well it shouldn't be a problem to change. Only problems I envisage is the cables being tight and the switch units being tricky to put back together.

Albie
20-04-2008, 07:39 PM
They fit nicely sir.Thanks Kato and Singletrack
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/Rollingon012.jpg

retskcid
20-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Nice, they look familar!

Albie
20-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I think so too LOL. How did yours fit with U tube. Im not using those studded bushes as make speedo sit too high. I think I need to fit some long studding so it goes into U tube.
They have slight pitting / paint marks on bars but not extreme.

retskcid
21-04-2008, 10:58 AM
I think there were alternative parts in the kit ;)

The only problem I had was torqueing (sp?) the clamp bolts as there were no instructions! I went for about 22Nm in the end.