PDA

View Full Version : Ride up Wye Valley Tuesday evening 14th April

Duncan
14-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Sorry its short notice but weather is forecast good or tomorrow night.

A couple of us are out Tuesday evening for a ride up the Wye Valley to the Ducati owners meeting at the Wye Knot in Symonds Yat.

It would be good to see some of you out.
Meeting about 6.50 pm on the bus stop on the M48 roundabout by Severn View services. Always a warm welcome from the Wye Valley lot, the roads are awesome and Allah has promised me some good weather.

Stafford
14-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Do you mean the old Aust services Duncan, if yes where is the bus stop?

Duncan
14-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi Stafford

Yes its the old Aust services thats by the old severn bridge on the motorway that is now the M48 but used to be the M4. Confused? I am but thats progress for you!

The bus stop is on the roundabout thats under the motorway and its just where the dual carriageway heads off to Avonmouth. In fact its between the on and off ramp for Avonmouth.

JR
15-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Sorry its short notice but weather is forecast good or tomorrow night.

A couple of us are out Tuesday evening for a ride up the Wye Valley to the Ducati owners meeting at the Wye Knot in Symonds Yat.

It would be good to see some of you out.
Meeting about 6.50 pm on the bus stop on the M48 roundabout by Severn View services. Always a warm welcome from the Wye Valley lot, the roads are awesome and Allah has promised me some good weather.

Good weather so far this morning Dunc - how will i recognise you at Aust ? Will you be the young guy on the Red Bull Monster, or the old Geek on the Old El Paso?

Duncan
15-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Take it you'll not be on one of your collection of 500 Hondas then!!

Might bring the 40cc Briggs and Stratton mower if you do!!

Paso or Monster?
Red or Red Bull?
900 water cooled or 900 air cooled?
Quiet or loud?

Decisions, decisions!!

JR
15-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Take it you'll not be on one of your collection of 500 Hondas then!!

Might bring the 40cc Briggs and Stratton mower if you do!!

Paso or Monster?
Red or Red Bull?
900 water cooled or 900 air cooled?
Quiet or loud?

Decisions, decisions!!

Would you believe i removed a Briggs and Stratton 40cc jobee from my old lawn mower last night - sell it to you at a cheap price Dunc, though not as cheap as the Old El Paso.

I posted details of the run on another site, so we might have company for a change

Duncan
15-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Might be interested in the B&S motor especially if it has a clutch drive to the rear wheels. What do you reckon to a 2 engined mower? A sort of Bimowta!!

On the same subject Ducati used to make a 90cc 4hp mower engine

http://www.jwoodandcompany.com/2007/07_pics/Ducati_eng.jpg

http://www.jwoodandcompany.com/2007/07_pics/Ducati_mower_eng.jpg

JR
15-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Might be interested in the B&S motor especially if it has a clutch drive to the rear wheels. What do you reckon to a 2 engined mower? A sort of Bimowta!!

On the same subject Ducati used to make a 90cc 4hp mower engine

http://www.jwoodandcompany.com/2007/07_pics/Ducati_eng.jpg

http://www.jwoodandcompany.com/2007/07_pics/Ducati_mower_eng.jpg

Looks like some bits off the Old El Paso if you ask me!

Weather dry for this evening's run, bit off a breeze and a touch chilly - about normal - Monster warming up on the drive!

Duncan
16-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Weather dry for this evening's run, bit off a breeze and a touch chilly - about normal - Monster warming up on the drive!

Which of course actually meant 4 seasons in an evening.

Left home in sun. Soon got cloudy then rained on way into Wales. Temperature dropped rapidly and roads became greasy. Then we caught the gritter and became salted nuts for a few miles.
Rain became sleet and we made it to the Wye knot where JR dried his antique gloves out on the wood stove. The locals all rolled in, no bikes, weather too **** apparently.

On way home it got foggy, needed a stop at the Boat in Redbrook, back over bridge into England dry roads and warmer.

Opened bike flat out along M4, then 2 miles from home bike dies and I head for the hard shoulder. Find its fuel starvation and get it going again to limp home.

Tonight have found blocked filters in the line and the tank and will clean out tank. Oh what fun!!

But despite **** conditions, loved getting out on bike for a few hours. Good to see JR and the guy on the ST plus the Wye Valley lot.

Stafford
17-04-2008, 06:35 AM
Apologies for not getting there Duncan. It was raining in Bath and the clouds to West looked uninviting and so it would seem buy your accounts, next time I hope.