PDA

View Full Version : s2r exhaust upgrade

monkeys dad
10-04-2008, 08:44 PM
i am still debating on a new exhaust for my recently acquired s2r 800. the latest contenders are the twin under seat type marving oval slip ons, possibly with a cat eliminator header pipe from spareshack.
i just wondered if anybody has these on their bike or has any comments about them.
would the bike need any other adjustments if i ditched the cat?

Dave G
10-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Have a look at at Markus' Mivv conical endcans, quite possibly the nicest ones on the market.

damon
10-04-2008, 08:52 PM
yep, refueling and power commander 3 with a dyno run, may aswell open up your air box and drop a k & N in there as you'll wish you had before getting it tuned.

i sat and pondered the same thing for ages and left it all last year, then i went and finally got it dyno'd early this year and my god the bike is completely different, power delivery awesome, smoothness up through the entire rev range,,,,,,,,,,,WILL SOMEBODY SORT THE WEATHER OUT PLEASE IM GETTING COLD DURKEY

Albie
10-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Mine are nice and quite loud are well I think they are

monkeys dad
11-04-2008, 11:42 AM
hmm, may just go for the cans as it is starting to sound a bit more complicated, just thought i could get rid of that "thing" under the bike to make it look a bit prettier!

Dave G
11-04-2008, 04:11 PM
You can just get the cat eliminator pipe and run them with standard cans if you wish, it does give a nicer sound too,legal to boot! I ran mine like this for a while before coring a spare set to fit for that full bore sound. If you are on a budget I suggest this as a first mod as it looks so much nicer.

neilbaldry
11-04-2008, 05:51 PM
www.zardexhaust.it