PDA

View Full Version : need km/h speedo for 2003 620 Dark

martin_28
08-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi,

Does anyone have a km/h speedo for a 2003 620 Dark? I've got my eye on a UK monster that I'm really hoping to buy and need a km/h speedo to get it registered in Belgium.

The local Ducati dealer I spoke to here in Belgium said he could only fit a new speedo and not a second-hand one as once a speedo has been "encoded" for a specific bike it can't be swapped. Does this sound right to you guys? Coincidentally the cheapest new speedo he had on stock cost over 400 quid...

Oh and I think this is my first post so hello everyone - I'm new here... I'm hoping to become a proud Monster owner very soon.

Thanks,
Martin.

Julie
09-04-2008, 05:51 AM
I'm sure someone will be along to help you out soon Martin.

I'll check my speedo out to see if it has KM/H.

Talk soon

Julie

Trent
09-04-2008, 06:57 AM
Yes, The dealer is correct.

The Monster has a built in Immobiliser - hence the flashing light on the dash.
The Clocks, ECU and Keys all have a code that must match before the Immobiliser will switch off.

If you put a second hand set of clocks (or ECU) on the bike, the codes won't match and the bike won't start.

A new set of clocks in the UK is around £350.

Note that if you do put a new set of clocks on the bike you will need the Red key to program the code into the new clocks - Make sure you get that Key from the previous owner.

Some Monsters have dual readings on the facia of the speedo (ie Kmph and Mph) but the odometer is in Mph - not sure if that is acceptable in Belgium.

I suspect Kph clocks in the UK will be difficult to get hold of (although I did buy a new set off eBay a while ago for £40 - The dealer ordered the wrong part! - but I'm saving them for when we go back to NZ)

Julie
09-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Good News!!!

I have just been and looked at my monster speedo and it had KM/H - It is on the inside od the dial.
I'll take a photo later and post it up on here for you.

PS> YES i do have the red key - i have everything that ever came with the bike - even the recipt for the tax disk holder!

stef
09-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Martin,
if your speedo reads both mph and kph, (which the i.e usually do) then you dont need to change.
at least not in france.