PDA

View Full Version : Monster side stand

rick@curry
26-03-2008, 05:14 PM
I've just gone from a M600 to an M750 and have found both to have the same awkward stand.Is it me or are these the most unfriendly stands ever made ?? The minute I take any weight off mine it flies up so quick I'm afraid of losing my foot !!
Has anyone any solutions to this as well as giving it a little more lean angle as mine is incredibly upright and scares the death out of me when parked even on the flat.

dunlop0_1
26-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Take out the allen bolt whichs holds the stand on, Then saw/grind/file the allen key bit off. Next file two flat bits (one either side) of the big flat bit left so a 19mm spanner will fit. This will cure the flip up stand. You can file a small amount off the stop where the stand and the stand bracket make contact, this will make the bike lean over further or raising the rear suspension will have a similar effect.
Neil.

Dave G
26-03-2008, 06:11 PM
The suicide stands just take a bit of getting used to and a change of habits.
I now get off the bike before putting the stand down instead of trying to kick it down sitting on the bike as I used to do, even though none of my bikes has these stands anymore its a habit I have stuck to.

Kato
26-03-2008, 07:19 PM
I want a stand that flips up so quite happy to swap you for one that does not ..........

gremlin
26-03-2008, 08:16 PM
its not the stand, its the bolt that fixes it to the bracket. grind it off as the above post says, and all will be well .
Mr G

Stuart42
27-03-2008, 06:29 AM
Hi

talking of side stands and after an amused crowd watching me at Loomies the other day, is there a longer stand I can fit to a M750? I know there is one that fits some of the later ones but that needs a different set up so I'm led to believe.

Cheers
Stuart

PS
I favour the flip up ones, save so much time:chuckle:

giler
27-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi

talking of side stands and after an amused crowd watching me at Loomies the other day, is there a longer stand I can fit to a M750? I know there is one that fits some of the later ones but that needs a different set up so I'm led to believe.

Cheers
Stuart

PS
I favour the flip up ones, save so much time:chuckle:

CycleCat do three different lengths I believe.

Yorkie
27-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Correct me if im wrong, and im sure people will, but if you fit aftermarket rear sets you can use a 916/748 side stand. However i think the bike than leans to the extreme!

Yorkie.

Stuart42
28-03-2008, 08:16 AM
CycleCat do three different lengths I believe.

I've had a look at these but can I fit the bracket to a M750?

Cheers
Stuart

giler
28-03-2008, 09:36 AM
I've had a look at these but can I fit the bracket to a M750?

Cheers
Stuart

Should be ok, give Stuart at Spareshack a call (see links).

rick@curry
02-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks all - - -after much screwing, grinding and cussing I feel somewhat safer now !!! Cheers :rolleyes: ;)