PDA

View Full Version : Fueling issue

Loosehead
25-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone,

Hopefully someone will know what this is about and will hopefully make sure I spent my cash wisely!!

tried to start my bike with no luck the engine turns, powers good 12.8 volts from the battery, checked the plugs, they are ok but replaced them with NGK iridium's just in case, cleared the carb drains and this is where it got a bit fishy... put my fuel can under and turned the screws... 5 mins into the draining and the fuel was still flowing!! at a fair rate too, I had a feeling the pump was knackered, so clamped the fuel lines, removed the fuel pump with much cursing due to the location of the bottom bolt... checked the diaphragm, it seemed intact but a little frayed around the edges... the end of this tale of woe is that I am replacing the fuel pump. just in case this does not solve the issue, any ideas are welcome.

dunlop0_1
25-03-2008, 07:43 PM
What bike??????

bod
25-03-2008, 09:51 PM
A while since I worked on anything with carbs but..... a needle jet stuck open?

Loosehead
26-03-2008, 06:24 AM
What bike??????

Loosehead
26-03-2008, 06:29 AM
A while since I worked on anything with carbs but..... a needle jet stuck open?

I spose that means stripping down the carbs!! jsut to let you know the needles slide nicely..

Loosehead
26-03-2008, 08:28 AM
got a replacement pump this morning, fitted and oh the sweet sound of a twin, no not the swedish students next door!! but I wouldn't of minded!!

once more a happy bunny!