PDA

View Full Version : Low RPM's

Chris & Nean
23-03-2008, 10:04 PM
I'v just got to tell you all that I have discovered another side to my Monster, Nean’s got a Jinlun cruiser motorcycle, it’s a 125, she passed her CBT and is learning to ride on it, it’s a Chinese bike and was real cheap but it goes great, now back to this “other side” to my Ducati story.

I have been tootling along riding shotgun with wife Nean behind me for hundreds of miles, I came to realise I’m running with 2 or 3 thousand RPM Only and yet with no jerking or vibration at all, I must have become adept at it, got used to riding the bike like this, I’m beginning to saviour the engine as its working at such low revs, I cant give it any amount of throttle of course or I will get judder and end up shooting off and leaving Nean behind once the powers built up, but I can almost count the pulses from the engine, its like knowing in advance how many bangs from the engine are actually required to get me around street corners or to reach the next road island, I wonder if riding a big old single was like this -1 pulse per lamp post- I remember it being described as. Well anyway its nice to discover a hidden character in my bike :thumbsup:

CK & AK
24-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Be careful, you could well be doing long term damage to the engine in making it labour so hard - if you say its snatchy or juddering over that then I'd consider getting it on a dyno to get the fuelling checked as it really shouldnt run like that at all.

Optimum revs to ride at is 4.5 - 7 anything outside those is making the engine work harder. I know a few who ride well over the 7000rpm tho... and never see less than 8k when riding ;) - eh Jerry, Kato, Mutters etc :D

HTH :)

JerryXt
24-03-2008, 07:22 AM
it sings at 11 :D