PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Cover

kevm
23-03-2008, 12:08 PM
I love the sound of my dry clutch and was thinking of buying an open clutch cover. May be a daft question but what they like in bad weather and is it just a case of removing the oringinal and bolting on new one? kev.

Half Man Half Mole
23-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I've always had open clutch covers and never had any 'weather related' problems.

Undo six allen bolts, take old cover off, put new cover on, do up six allen bolts. Takes a couple of minutes.

Mike

PS There may be an issue of carbon fibre covers not standing up to well if you drop your bike and damage being caused to the clutch. Saying that, C.F. does look better so I took the risk.

Albie
23-03-2008, 12:33 PM
I would recommend you get stainless steel caps,springs and bolts from spareshack.com and no problem with mine for 4 years still bright and shiney.

Alloy or steel are stronger but if carbons your wish then it wont make much differance it will still get trashed. You may want to get a new front pressure plate as the standard is pretty dull. I painted my first one until I had enough money to buy a anodised blingey one.

YoungDucS4R
23-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Go for a billet cover.
Never any issues in bad weather, or even the jet-wash in fact!
Dead easy to fit and looks (and sounds) the dogs...

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii172/YoungDuc/UKMOC/cover.jpg