PDA

View Full Version : Lidl Bike Kit

gremlin
22-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Just raided Lidls for odds and sods, I'm impressed! Got a rainsuit for me that actually fits for £12.99, it's lined and has an extra bit in the front and zip cover flap and goes over my usual summer jacket easily, and it's windproof. Also got a tank bag/rucksack for £16.99 which will go on the Fazer to put my rainsuit in, it has detachable purse type thing which is handy. I would like one for mine but I wouldn't be able to reach the bars very well. Also a bike lock for £4.99 which I'll probably forget to take off having never had one before! It has got a reminder thing but it's yellow and will blend in with the bike nicely until she's resprayed. And a kidney belt for £2.99 to cover the gap between my jacket and trousers, although hopefully if I get a new set of leathers they will zip together. All in all a successful trip. The jackets and trousers looked quite good too but they were fabric and can't remember if they had armour in and as usual no tiny sizes.
It's just bizarre what they have in their stores, there were headcollars for horses and numnahs which go under saddles as well.
It's not a store people admit to going into to but when they have offers the stuff is usually good quality.

Duncan
22-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Lidl rely on low rejects and fast stock movement with these offers. They can work on tight margins and with their buying power get back to source for these items.

Their stuff is great value, I have had tools for work from there simply cos tools have a habit of disappearing. I have to admit their tools get stolen long before they ever wear out.

Dont knock their offers till you try them!

Albie
22-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Usually aldi's do this stuff. It definately was Lidl's wasn't it as I need to get caroline a waterproof oversuit. I have one but have never worn it as it feels selfish her getting wet and not me. We hope we wont need it at Arrow Mill this year.

dlloyduk
22-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Aldi has there Bike stuff on offer on Monday 24th. Can vouch for the qaulity of their lined rainsuit as I did Donnington MotoGP weekend there and back in very heavy rain and my only wet bits where my hands in cheap summer gloves and feet in over hyped/priced Sidi boots.

Albie
22-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Yes you were right lidl and aldi doing deals. Thanks for tip off anyhow as some cheap bargains there.

gremlin
22-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Rainsuit comes in extra small through to extra large if that's any help, it's also got taped seams so should be pretty waterproof. It's black with red stripes and has reflector bits as well. I should get in quick though because the store we went to had very little left, we were lucky to get a tiny one. As for boots, I bought Clive some Stylemartin ones for Christmas, they were cheaper than his Sidi ones, don't squeak are really comfy and are totally waterproof. Worth checking out anyway.