PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on fitting Route 9 tail tidy...

retskcid
21-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Can anyone help please! There are no instructions!

I am fitting it with the tea tray, and therefore without the indicator mounts - although I guess that makes no difference! Questions:

1. Whats the three lots of heat shrink for? two smaller dia ones and one larger. I am guessing some for the indicator connectors as the wiring will be more exposed but the smaller stuff will not fit over the existing connectors.

2. On the tea tray the unthreaded part of the four studs is now too long - I guess I have to use some thick washers for spacers (prob 5mm)?

3. I'll check the manual but does the wiring go between the frame and tea tray or underneath the frame?

Thanks very much!

Rich

Yorkie
21-03-2008, 05:16 PM
1. Use the larger heat shrink. Do you also need some for the numberplate light?

2. I would just use some decent quality washers for that bit. (No rust)

3. The more hidden the better, it is your mod do it in the best looking way and youll be happy.

Try coating the the tail tidy with some better quality paint to prevent chipping of the existing coating, it will help improve the look and life of the item, stone chips all over the tail tidy look crap!

Yorkie.

retskcid
21-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Cheers Yorkie.

*edit*

I found out (cheers Albie) that I have the four grommets and stepped washers missing from the frame where the tea tray mounts....