PDA

View Full Version : Motoraid Italia 2008

Bumblebee
20-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Hello out there.... Last year we took 26 bikes and 31 people down to World Ducati Week in Misano, and a great time was had by all. This year we are planning a trip to Tuscany staying in Prato area, near to Florence. We are shipping the bikes down to Italy by overland truck (drop off point Leeds) and will fly down Ryanair Liverpool/Pisa on Fri 27 June and have 8 night B&B in a local hotel, before dropping bikes back off at our depot (Prato), and flying back on Sat 5 July. Coach transfers has been arranged from airport to depot where we will collect our bikes. All luggage will be transported with the bikes down to Italy, so those nasty Ryanair people wont be able to surcharge us for those heavy Dainese and Arai items (ha!). Plans for when we get are:

Ride the speed camera free sticky Italian roads with the sun on our backs
Eat a lot of pasta and drink a lot of Chianti,(once bikes are safely locked away for the night...
Go to watch the WSB in Misano on 28 June
Visit the Ducati factory in Borgo Panigale, Bologna
Chill by the hotel pool
etc etc..........

This is a mixed ability/mixed age trip, with Monsters (of course) sportsbikes, Hypermotards, classics on the trip. Plus there will be a fair mix of solo and two-up couples going, age group from 21 to 60 (sorry Charlie)....
We've a few spare places on this trip, so if anyone is up for it, reply on this site, or give me a call on 07702 664592.

I am on hols next week, so if you do reply to this on line, or by email to tonybarker007@btineternet.com then I wont be able to reply to you until w/c 31 March.

Happy Easter and safe riding, well as soon as the snow melts anyway.

Mr B