PDA

View Full Version : UKMOC Weekender 2008

Nonnie
20-03-2008, 09:06 AM
For anybody who hasn't seen this yet, look here!!!

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=25490

Get booked and enjoy a weekend in the company of insane escapees who should never have been given a license in the first place.

Nonnie
25-03-2008, 03:33 PM
It's not too late to book a place here.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=25489&highlight=weekender+2008

Nonnie
31-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Still a few places available for this.

SazzaG
31-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Come on people, especially you newbies out there! Don't be scared - we're all quite friendly really (although Didge takes a bit of getting used to)

It would be such a shame to not fill up the Mill. Can you think of a better way to spend the Spring Bank Holiday? I can't!

Headhunter
31-03-2008, 08:03 PM
I'll be getting my form off to Didge v.soon.

As Sazza says - weekender is a great laugh and this year we've got to be in for some decent weather.

Albie
31-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Wish I could afford to stay in hotel but its a good job we like camping.

At least we will be there hopefully on the monster.

Headhunter
31-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Looks like we'll be neighbours again, Albie.

Albie
31-03-2008, 08:37 PM
excellent. Is the big circus tent being erected this year by gilps and co.

Hows your bike btw. Soory a quick hijack.

How many are we expecting this year. I hope lots are coming and wont be a poor turnout. Its going to be sunny this year. I promise you.:eyepopping:

Headhunter
31-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Think Swindonia are away that weekend, so just myself mate. Shandy said he may be down on the Sunday.

Bike is back and is in better nick before it happened - cheers for asking!

Sorry Sazza/Nonnie.

Everyone else - I think this year will be a great laugh following last year's washout - but even then it was still good fun and people went out of their way to make it so.

Nonnie
31-03-2008, 09:25 PM
That's fine, just keeps it bumped back up!

SazzaG
31-03-2008, 10:37 PM
I can guarantee it will be sunny this year, on the Sunday at least. The past 3 years I've tried to win best paint with my sparkly Dixxie, but it was always cloudy (so brown Dixxie was there instead).

I no longer have a sparkly bike, therefore it will be sunny....

benson
31-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Most concerned to hear about your sparkly dixie - I believe there are tablets you can take!!!

I hope to be there on the SUnday as I'm elsewhere tied up (and not in a good way) before that but all being well I will be there with the sun!!!!
:thumbsup: :on: :thumbsup:

Albie
01-04-2008, 10:00 PM
outrageous you not being there :grump:

I have now got the money to go.With new tyres too and a new tank colour. I cant wait. But I will have too. If no one turns up can I win all the prizes. LOL:woot: :woot:

mad_turnips
02-04-2008, 08:14 AM
me and the mrs are all payed up and looking forward to it just need next pay cheque so i can get new tires before it

Albie
02-04-2008, 08:15 AM
me and the mrs are all payed up and looking forward to it just need next pay cheque so i can get new tires before it

What you getting. Im looking on ebay some good pair deals.

mad_turnips
02-04-2008, 08:19 AM
prob stick with bridstone batlax .14 which ive had last 3 sets cost me about 150 quid

mad_turnips
02-04-2008, 08:34 AM
oh price have gone up £187.50 for the pair is that a good price

squiffything
02-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Now that we're into May, the official month of the weekender, is it time to start getting excited and want to make plans for ride ins and suchlike.

Is there a list of who's going and who's doing what on what days and who's staying where etc

giler
02-05-2008, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=Albie;247867]excellent. Is the big circus tent being erected this year by gilps and co.
QUOTE]

My circus big top won't be attending I am afraid.
At Le Mans week before.
As I remember Headhunter and I did all the erecting (ooh mrs!), Gilps got drunk on two shandies whist asking "is it up yet" and Shandy had a broken wrist so could only manage to hold copius amounts of cider in the other hand!

gary tompkins
02-05-2008, 05:37 PM
My circus big top won't be attending I am afraid.
At Le Mans week before.
As I remember Headhunter and I did all the erecting (ooh mrs!), Gilps got drunk on two shandies whist asking "is it up yet" and Shandy had a broken wrist so could only manage to hold copius amounts of cider in the other hand!

You'll be missed this year - no BOTY trophy for Shandy in 2008 then?

We will raise a glass or 10 to you all in the bar on Friday :)

Blah blah
02-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Just a thought, shouldn't this be put on the calendar for those who don't know about it (like the 80 newbies)? Or for those who have got the attention span of a goldfish and can't remember when it is (ahem)

gary tompkins
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
The weekender will run from the evening of Friday 23th May, until the morning of Monday 26th May 2008. The programme for the weekend includes a number of (optional) activities, together with the National Rideout on Sunday 25th May.

Venue is - Arrow Mill hotel
Arrow
Alcester
Warwickshire
B49 5NL

http://www.arrowmill.com/contact.asp

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=408220&y=256030&z=5&sv=408220,256030&st=OSGrid&lu=N&tl=~&ar=y&bi=~&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Full details of weekend including booking form can be found here....

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=25489

desmo
03-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Really looking forward to it now.
I have never been before, what time does everyone start arriving on the Fri?
What time are the rooms available from?

Desmo.

Paranoid Dave
03-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Rooms normally from about 4 but if you were there before they wouldn't stop you visiting the bar or sitting in the garden. I like to get there around 4, dump the leathers, grab a drink and sit in the sun (optimistic) watching the bikes arrive. It's bliss.

bigredduke
15-05-2008, 11:50 AM
I am trailering my bike down to the weekender a) because I'm a big jessy, b) because my route inevitably means mostly motorways (M62, M18, M1, M42) which I really don't enjoy on the bike. So if anyone wants any stuff transporting & it's roughly on my route, let me know.

squiffything
15-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Dave, Nonnie have you guys any thoughts on times and meeting points for where we will all be meeting up? I'm assuming it'll be five riding in unless anyone else joins us. Which route will we be taking? I have the whole day booked off and once Sarah leaves for work at 8 I will be sitting around having the odd cup of coffee and the trip to the loo to make sure I'm empty for the run so am happy to meet anywhere and at a time that suits.

Nonnie
15-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Well, sadly it's looking unlikely we will be making it at all again. Everything was so perfect as well, I'd organised everything, we both got the time off, kids were sorted, cats fed etc etc and then my oldests Dad had a bike accident last week and is still in the hospital and is unlikely to be out and even if he is, is unlikely to be able to care for her properly as he's going to need a lot of care himself. There are other people she can go stay with but after a shock like that for her, I'm uninclined to just get on my bike and leave her for the weekend. Saying that though.....I have not cancelled the room yet as I will wait and see what happens. Visiting again tomorrow and next week so will see how it is.

It's a tough one, don't say anything!

Squiffy, even if we don't make it, PD and PH will still be leaving Ipswich at some point.

squiffything
15-05-2008, 01:14 PM
oh hun :(

Fingers crossed but I understand where you are coming from

Nonnie
15-05-2008, 01:17 PM
oh hun :(

Fingers crossed but I understand where you are coming from

Thank you

xx

Paranoid Dave
15-05-2008, 01:18 PM
will contact you nearer the time squif.

squiffything
15-05-2008, 01:36 PM
ok Dave do we have any others that are coming from these here parts or do you prefer to head up in a small group?

Albie
15-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Well, sadly it's looking unlikely we will be making it at all again. Everything was so perfect as well, I'd organised everything, we both got the time off, kids were sorted, cats fed etc etc and then my oldests Dad had a bike accident last week and is still in the hospital and is unlikely to be out and even if he is, is unlikely to be able to care for her properly as he's going to need a lot of care himself. There are other people she can go stay with but after a shock like that for her, I'm uninclined to just get on my bike and leave her for the weekend. Saying that though.....I have not cancelled the room yet as I will wait and see what happens. Visiting again tomorrow and next week so will see how it is.

Squiffy, even if we don't make it, PD and PH will still be leaving Ipswich at some point.
Thats a bummer Nonnie. Hope hes ok and really hope you 2 can make it. Love to see the bike in the flesh. Fingers crossed for you.:( x

mad_turnips
15-05-2008, 04:01 PM
can you not bring her with?

Nonnie
15-05-2008, 05:09 PM
can you not bring her with?

Ah that's really sweet but I don't think it's the right environment for kids. We'd also have a major problem getting her there as she'd have to ride pillion and understandably has gone right off it! She wasn't ever that brave before. Her style of motorbiking is to get in the car until just around the corner from the meet, then get on the bike, cruise around the corner at slow speed looking gorgeous and wonderful, pose at the meet for a bit, get back on the bike making a great exit, round the corner, back in the car and then home!

We'll just have to see what the next week brings.

gary tompkins
15-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Gutted for you Nonnie. Hope you manage to sort things out - it'll be a real pity to miss you & Rod at the mill this year :(

Nonnie
15-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks Gary and Albie. That's really nice.

emily's driver
15-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I was so looking forward to the naughty corner but as my other half says, perhaps we can work something out in time. Would love to go but alas it is not looking too promising.

bigredduke
15-05-2008, 09:27 PM
I was really looking forward to having a mooch around the Rod & Nonnie show & tell bikes as well:( Hope you can get something worked out. It won't be the same without you two.

Nonnie
15-05-2008, 09:43 PM
I was really looking forward to having a mooch around the Rod & Nonnie show .

Yikes! We're freaks! :chuckle:

squiffything
16-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Yikes! We're freaks! :chuckle:

and your point is?......

NattyBoy
16-05-2008, 08:01 AM

Sorry to hear that mate - I was going to send the prizes off to you today - what shall I do - just send them to the mill for someones attention (GT or Ped maybe ?)

Nat

Nonnie
16-05-2008, 08:27 AM
It might be better. Just in case!

Thank you.

Snips
16-05-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm not coming along to this: but hope you all have a great time, and the weather is good.

NattyBoy
16-05-2008, 07:58 PM
It might be better. Just in case!

Thank you.

Just packaged them all up and I reckon I can get them in Mrs Nattyboys ruck sack so will bring them on the sunday morning. Who will be sorting the stuff in your absence nonnie ?

emily's driver
16-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Just packaged them all up and I reckon I can get them in Mrs Nattyboys ruck sack so will bring them on the sunday morning. Who will be sorting the stuff in your absence nonnie ?

Don't write us off just yet. Hoping that we will make it, somehow. Would like to be able to share the fruits of my labour (six months and two bikes) with you all, if it is at all possible. I guess we will know for sure by mid week and whether or not law of sod kicks in.

Nonnie
18-05-2008, 02:13 PM
I will send Rachel the list of who won what, why and where if I cannot go. I couldn't go last year and JMo read them out and awarded prizes. So long as I send the list then it can be read out.

By the way folks, a few more days to vote if you ain't done it so far.

Didge
18-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Now that we're into May, the official month of the weekender, is it time to start getting excited and want to make plans for ride ins and suchlike.

Is there a list of who's going and who's doing what on what days and who's staying where etc

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=25838

NattyBoy
19-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Don't write us off just yet. Hoping that we will make it, somehow. Would like to be able to share the fruits of my labour (six months and two bikes) with you all, if it is at all possible. I guess we will know for sure by mid week and whether or not law of sod kicks in.

fingers crossed then - let us know..

squiffything
19-05-2008, 07:17 AM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=25838

Thanks Didge. I am booked in direct in the camping corner so Headhunter will not be alone.

Nonnie
21-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Oh I suppose we ought to come then hadn't we?

Everything has worked out so we'll be travelling sideways and down a bit to do something silly but not too silly it hurts.

SazzaG
21-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Yey! Wouldn't be the same without you Nonnie!

Nonnie
21-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Thank you. I have a little something for you!

SazzaG
21-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Pour moi?

Ooh, how exciting!

Mand
21-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Oh I suppose we ought to come then hadn't we?

Everything has worked out so we'll be travelling sideways and down a bit to do something silly but not too silly it hurts.

Yippee! That is all I am saying on the matter.

benson
21-05-2008, 10:48 PM
And I raise you one yipeeeee i aye.....:mand:

SO pleased Nonnie will be with us - just like old times!!!

gary tompkins
21-05-2008, 10:49 PM
and hoorah!!! (with big trousers) from me too :mand:

P.S. am I still in the doghouse Mand? :cry:

Mand
22-05-2008, 07:22 AM
and hoorah!!! (with big trousers) from me too :mand:

P.S. am I still in the doghouse Mand? :cry:

Nah.... you could NEVER be in the doghouse with me Gary x

gary tompkins
22-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Nah.... you could NEVER be in the doghouse with me Gary x