PDA

View Full Version : 9th March at Southend

w108rna
03-03-2008, 06:37 AM
Hello all.

A few of us hi-jacked a thread a while ago about a meet up on the 9th March down Southend-on-Sea way. Well, i thought i would start its own thread as its only a few days until the 9th and i was wondering who still fancies going?

I have not organised a meet up before, and had nothing more in mind then maybe a blast along the front, stopping up somewhere and having a Fish and Chips lunch and an ice cream and a bit of a look at other peoples Monsters (oh-er misses!). I will happily bring my camera along too in order to post some nice pictures on here afterwards.

So who would be up for it?

Mark

Nonnie
03-03-2008, 06:45 AM
Trying to organise something from Norfolk but not much interest, so far, I don't think anyone is coming. I was intending on going anyway. I was going to be there for about 1pm at Baileys, the chip shop.

w108rna
03-03-2008, 06:54 AM
I don't know where Baileys is, but i'll certainly look it up and find it. I was thinking of between 1 and 2 but forgot to mention a time, so thanks for the prompt!

Mark

LouSCannon
03-03-2008, 06:59 AM
Wherever there's room for a load of bikes to pull up I guess.

Obviously as I live here it would be rude if I didn't show up!

Seb_uk
03-03-2008, 07:38 AM
I'll be coming on Sunday (Provided I can get my new chain fitted in time!)

Will be riding down from Colchester if anyone fancies meeting up en route.

Nonnie
03-03-2008, 08:43 AM
If my bike is ready (I'll go by car anyway) then I'll meet you at the services or something? I'll let you know nearer the time as right now I'm minus handlebars, mirrors, indicators, an MOT, some tax and some insurance but assuming I sort it then yeah! If not then I'm the one in the car.

slob
03-03-2008, 09:14 AM
I've posted an invite on the London forum
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=26632
there's a link to streetmap with Bailey's marked on it, if that helps.

Nonnie, stop making excuses and get yer bike sorted.

Nonnie
03-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Nonnie, stop making excuses and get yer bike sorted.

How can I fit the handlebars, the indictors and the mirrors if I don't have them yet???

It's soooo frustrating.

slob
03-03-2008, 09:42 AM
How can I fit the handlebars, the indictors and the mirrors if I don't have them yet???

It's soooo frustrating.

I will lend you all of the above (Ducati, standard parts) if needed, next-day them to you tomorrow for Wednesday am.

...next excuse please

Nonnie
03-03-2008, 09:46 AM
hehe!

Eeeeh you're fab you are! I'll let you know. I'm hanging to the thought of having my new sparkly bits and when time runs out, I'll call you!

You're a star

xx

Seb_uk
03-03-2008, 10:52 AM
If my bike is ready (I'll go by car anyway) then I'll meet you at the services or something? I'll let you know nearer the time as right now I'm minus handlebars, mirrors, indicators, an MOT, some tax and some insurance but assuming I sort it then yeah! If not then I'm the one in the car.

Should be having my train fitted by Tec Moto in Romford tomorrow. I ordered the chain and sprockets from B&C on friday for next day delivery, but DHL didn't turn up. They finally delivered themm this morning, but to the wrong house! After apeaking to B&C looks like DHL deliverd the parcel to my neighbour. Not B&C's fault, but DHL are useless!
Anyway, dropped by Tec Moto and the guy should be able to fit me in tomorrow. Unfortunately the forecast is snow showers, so not looking forward to my commute from Colchester..... :(

w108rna
03-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Should be having my train fitted by Tec Moto in Romford tomorrow. I ordered the chain and sprockets from B&C on friday for next day delivery, but DHL didn't turn up. They finally delivered themm this morning, but to the wrong house! After apeaking to B&C looks like DHL deliverd the parcel to my neighbour. Not B&C's fault, but DHL are useless!
Anyway, dropped by Tec Moto and the guy should be able to fit me in tomorrow. Unfortunately the forecast is snow showers, so not looking forward to my commute from Colchester..... :(

I went into Tec Moto this morning and it is under new management! He mentioned trying to have a quiet week this week as most of his tools are yet to turn up? Hopefully you are aware, but just double check?

I still got a great deal on new clutch cover and springs!

Seb_uk
04-03-2008, 11:13 AM
I went into Tec Moto this morning and it is under new management! He mentioned trying to have a quiet week this week as most of his tools are yet to turn up? Hopefully you are aware, but just double check?

I still got a great deal on new clutch cover and springs!

Yeah - When I popped in yesterday he said he had just taken over the place.
He said he should be able to fit me in but had a bit of a backlog I think!

Have decided to get the chain and sprockets fitted by loose wheels in Colchester on Saturday as they'll do it for £30 compared to £54ish at Tec Moto. All being well should be all good for Sunday! :)

STU65
05-03-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm planning to be there running down from Colchester. As long as it not snowing or pouring.

Finger crossed, Fish and chips uurrhh. Sounds good.

Does anyone know when the chippy down at Southwold at the harbour is open. Its the little shed down toward the Walberswick end of the town??

I'm looking forward to a run down there soon.

alan c
05-03-2008, 08:51 PM
i hope to make sunday and a few other kentys are looking to come, keeping an eye on weather, dont want soggy chips or anything else come to that !

Albie
05-03-2008, 08:54 PM
I dont think im going now as the monster is being rebuilt from friday touch wood. Have fun and wrap up warm then.

alan c
05-03-2008, 08:57 PM
albie, are you collecting bits on friday then ?

Albie
05-03-2008, 09:02 PM
He should be done by tonight or 2 moro. He has promised me by friday as I have took day off in case.

Sorry to hijack

Grumpy
07-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi folks,
there's 4/5 of us heading down from haverhill way, we're meeting in sible headingham at approx 10.30,on the forecourt of the texaco garage near jim aims,
see you at baileys at around midday,mine's a large cod!!

STU65
09-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Hi to all who made the trip to southend, sorry I had to dash. Hope to see you around at up and coming ride outs.

TTFN