PDA

View Full Version : got a phone call

gremlin
28-02-2008, 10:08 PM
not the type of phone call you want to get.
a very good friend of ours came off his bike yesterday. he lost it on some mud on a country road and has been on the news up here in norfolk.
Ok it was a Harley, but the fact remains, he isnt too badly damaged, his bike is knackered, and his wife who was pillion is dead........
i'm gutted, i mean really gutted. it has bought back all the bad memories of loosing my best friend some years back in a bike accident. it makes me wonder if it is all worth it... tonight 3 children are without a mother...... wheres the vodka, i need another drink

Mr G

scrumpster
28-02-2008, 10:14 PM
God I am so sorry to hear that. I have to say I ride mine sometimes and think of my kids. I also ride a bike so I don't have to be a pillion as invariably it's the pillion that suffers most.

I wish your friend strength to get through this difficult time and have a vodka for me!!!

DavidEJM
29-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I can only add that I'm sorry too. My thoughts are with with your friend and his family.

I don't know how people cope with that sort of grief!

reedyboy
29-02-2008, 02:49 PM
really sorry to hear your sad news.I haven't had the news on today so this is the first i've heard of it.....our thoughts are with the children and your friend

bigredduke
29-02-2008, 02:58 PM
A sobering thought. Both my wife and my 13 year old daughter both ride pillion sometimes. It has crossed my mind sometimes that the enjoyment isn't worth the risk.

kevm
29-02-2008, 04:30 PM
So sorry for your friend and for you. I have been there and lost my first wife to a car pulling out on us and had an 18 month old baby at the time. Took me a long time, but got back into bikes as she was just as passionate about them as me. Hope they find the strength and support I had. Kev.

LouSCannon
29-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Awful news, I'm so wary whenever the other half is on the back with me.... deepest condolences.

gremlin
01-03-2008, 08:11 AM
thanks for all your kind words. its a dreadful thing to have happened, but
what is really pi$$ing me off now is the chinese whispers. went out last night to meet up with friends and heard possibly 6 different accounts of the events,
Mr G

Albie
01-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Sorry to read this. Im generally always 2 up as Caroline likes to come out.When im on a ride out I dont care sometimes if I slow and drop back.I always know my way home.I always worry and try to be safe.

Its oh so sad when a death happens because no matter the cause of accident your friend will always blame himself as he was in control at he time. The fact is no matter what reasons its happened. My sympathy is for him and his children and family and friends.:worried: :worried:

jerry
01-03-2008, 11:27 AM
so sorry my condolences .

jerry

paul33
01-03-2008, 12:19 PM
soory to hear the bad news my thoughts are with u

gremlin
01-03-2008, 04:26 PM
This has shaken Clive quite a bit, especially after our close call a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the pillion is more vulnerable. I really appreciate all your kind words.

Headhunter
01-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Crikey. Sorry to hear the awful news, Gremlin. Thoughts are with you and his family.