PDA

View Full Version : Bologna region holidays - self-catering

pastaman
21-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Independent travel - Italian suggestions, please?

I want to drive down to (probably) Emelia-Romagna area in August, for a couple of weeks in a self-catering apartment/house/cottage for 4 people. We think we'd like to do a trip focusing on Bologna because of the lure of Ducati. We like cities, too.

We've found it a bit tricky looking in Bologna. We need somewhere with safe-ish car parking and good transport links to the city centre. We live in London underground zone 2 and fancy a Bolognese equivalent. I've found very little self-catering accomodation anywhere in the area on the web.

Ideas, suggestions, websites, contacts please.

Many thanks, Harry

mad_turnips
22-02-2008, 07:54 AM
www.venere.com has some good ones used it in venice

pastaman
23-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks for that, venere is loads better than where we've looked, but still haven't found anywhere suitable yet. Will keep looking.

FONT
23-02-2008, 03:14 PM
How about in the Dolomites near Arabba great roads .
try hotel-olympia.com self catering or half board very reasonable and very friendly.

seby
23-02-2008, 04:16 PM
it depends where u want to go!
i would like remember to u will find all close in the big italian town
my suggestion is find some place near the sea
if u drive will be easy from tuscany reach bologna (borgo panigale), about 1 hour...but u will be disappointed if u stay in the town

try viareggio, marina di pietrasanta, not rimini too much a fake place

im here if u need (london)
cheers
seby

pastaman
23-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Seby! va bene...this is almost exactly what my wife keeps saying, although the son, the one with the Monster, rather likes the idea of Valentino Rossi's home town.
We'll extend the hunt to Font's suggestion, Arabba, and to all your suggestions.

Might make direct contact as we're getting worried about reservations. Many thanks for helping. The search goes on.....Harry

seby
23-02-2008, 08:04 PM
no problem
but please not valentino!!
ahahhahah

if u need help for your reservation don't exitate to contact me
r_sebastiano@hotmail.com