PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Mods???

dlloyduk
17-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Spotted this guy on fleabay .de http://cgi.ebay.de/Ducati-Auspuff-Auspuffkruemmer-Sammler-600-750-900_W0QQitemZ230221931554QQihZ013QQcategoryZ49771Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohost ing
Any of the racers tried this? Its something I wondered about a while a ago, like if it was worth doing. I would suspect a bit more bottom end torque and less top end.
Any thoughts.

dlloyduk
17-02-2008, 09:33 AM
May as well give it a try get the Mr.Mig out:
Wanted: Monster 620 header pipes anything considered-must be cheap!
I will re invent using my own ideas!:idea:

Scotty
17-02-2008, 10:02 AM
humm I'm sure I read somewhere this is a bad idea

however I do have a set of Eonan's 750 headers here that I cant use, yours if you want em

dlloyduk
17-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Scotty are they the same fit as 620 ones? If so how much?

Shandy
17-02-2008, 11:58 AM
I toyed with doing this during me rebuild last year. When i asked around about it the opinion was that if anything it reduced performance rather than improved it. I'll be interested to see hear how it turns out if you do it.

Cheers,

Shandy

Scotty
17-02-2008, 12:47 PM
free, or a future pint as I've promised Eonan

crust
17-02-2008, 04:21 PM
waste of time

the standard X piece works very well

the centre dimple splits the flow and diverts it into the next length, take it out and the exhaust flows will collide causing higher back pressure

think about it, where does the pipe from the head point? - straight into the other pipe from the other head, exactly where you dont want it to go

A better solution would be to weld up four bigger bends so the gases didn't have such a tight radius to turn.

:)crust

Nickj
17-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Nice welding though

dlloyduk
17-02-2008, 06:57 PM
waste of time

the standard X piece works very well

the centre dimple splits the flow and diverts it into the next length, take it out and the exhaust flows will collide causing higher back pressure

think about it, where does the pipe from the head point? - straight into the other pipe from the other head, exactly where you dont want it to go

A better solution would be to weld up four bigger bends so the gases didn't have such a tight radius to turn.

:)crust

"I will re invent using my own ideas!"
Crust I do kind of agree with what you say, I did think that the idea was not really well executed and I am thinking along your lines which would really end up being a two into two-again not sure if there is a benefit in this or not-possibly more top end and less low end torque. Again not what a road going monster is all about I suppose.
I suppose the ad has got my brain ticking over though. As I am now thinking if it would be worth cutting and shutting a standard header or just start from scratch?
Or just cutout the bulls***t and have two open pipes one from the front head and one straight out the back to MotoGp style slash cut pipes and sod the neighbours!