PDA

View Full Version : single side conversion

krankitover
16-02-2008, 09:12 PM
a mate has converted his carbed 900 monster with a s2r single sider but we now have a problem with fitting the rear exhaust down pipe as there is not enough space for the original has anyone come across this before or any ideas what pipes or system to use to get round the problem

Albie
16-02-2008, 09:22 PM
buy an s2 r exhaust system or fabricate the old one longer and up and under differently.

krankitover
16-02-2008, 09:42 PM
will s2r system go straight on without any mods

CK & AK
16-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Has he put a strengthener in the frame and moved the pivot arm (as the loop arm is a lot further back on the carbie bikes).
What suspension has he used for this? Am interested as am a fellow fettler who did this back in late 2003 to mine.

S2R system might fit, but not sure without looking at it if the barrel height might be out a bit.

AK

Albie
16-02-2008, 10:03 PM
will s2r system go straight on without any mods

I cant say unfortunately but if you look at my project you will see the extra things I had to change on my s4 to s4r. The exhaust fitted from an s4r headers included. I have change the footrests too as it probably would have fouled the foothangers if had not. I hope it works out as like mine it will be worth it as i am completely refurbishing at the same time.
You must post some pics.