PDA

View Full Version : Spotted - Kenties beware

JerryXt
16-02-2008, 08:28 PM
From a mate on ISC:

Talking with a pal of mine today who told me about the police using an unmarked black fireblade in kent to catch speeding bikers.

he encountered the friendly law enforcement officer on the A20 just out side ashford heading for maidstone. short story is he was riding with a few mates on his duke, when another bike joined the play, nothing mad but hitting 130-140 on the open parts and slowing down to 50 0r 60 for the villages etc.

about 8 miles later the siren and blue flashing indicators come on - and its "good afternoon officer!" time.

the fireblade was equiped with video recoring apperatus which was played back to the 2 riders stopped, showing road speed on the screen, the saving grace was that the officer felt that although thay had been riding at excessive speed they had shown care in their overtaking manouvers and made some effort to slow down for high risk areas.

the officer proposed he disregard the speeding etc and give them a fixed penalty for thier illegal number plates,

well what a result!

but be warned you may not be so lucky!!

BTW, those big bottles of Duvel are REALLY bad for sllpeing

neilbaldry
16-02-2008, 10:43 PM
i had a close shave today! was pootling along behind about 6 cars on my way home after a long afternoons ride. was cold, felt like frostbitten, and was a bit tired. was on the Beccles bypass (a single carriageway bypass with a 50mph limit)) when some chav in a clapped out vectra came belting past overtaking me and a couple of cars infront. he then did a bit of a dodgy overtake with oncoming cars rapidly approaching, when i then got surprised by a motorcycle bobby belting past in quick pursuit.

that chav couldve saved me a few quid as i still have my not-quite-legal plate on, and bike coppers round these parts having a bad rep for pulling every bike over, so, from the bottom of my heart, thank you chav!! you made my day!

jerry
19-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Sussex Police have a GSXR 1000, Fireblade and R1 all unmarked so watch out in Sussex,kent Surrey and Hants as these bikes can roam.

sproglet
19-02-2008, 03:09 PM
i saw a black blade on the m25,couple of weeks ago, rider in black with police on his back. glad i was in my van doing 75 :)