PDA

View Full Version : Waiting to ride!!!

desmo
16-02-2008, 08:23 PM
We had a warm dry spell at the end of Jan, finally got out on my bike for a ride, I had hoped winter was over,but no.
Now it's freezing cold & they have dumped huge amounts of salt all over the roads again.
I am going to have to wait now for it to rain & wash away the salt before I go out again.
Fed up waiting now, come on spring.

bigredduke
16-02-2008, 08:44 PM
We had a warm dry spell at the end of Jan, finally got out on my bike for a ride, I had hoped winter was over,but no.
Now it's freezing cold & they have dumped huge amounts of salt all over the roads again.
I am going to have to wait now for it to rain & wash away the salt before I go out again.
Fed up waiting now, come on spring.

Absolutely! Managed to get out on the bike once in December & once in January. We've had some lovely sunny days up here this week but the nights have been down to -4c and the roads are absolutely covered in salt :Furious: so the bike is staying put in the garage for the time being! Roll on Spring!:yoparty:

Scotty
16-02-2008, 09:19 PM
ah now then the 'rat' that is the SS of mine now has monster brakes (that actually work) and fingers crossed have found electrical gremlin a loose connector on the cdi thingamy box tomorrow is test ride day bwuahahhahr

neilbaldry
16-02-2008, 10:33 PM
i was out today, and bloody hell was it cold! fingers went numb a few times, got the sniffles, but felt great to get out there and ride the bike again!

gremlin
17-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Got out week before last and froze, bike is away being tinkered with at the mo so I can't even go and clean her or talk to her. It's looks lovely out there today but I think thermals would be in order.

Dave in USA
17-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Up till this week, the last time I rode was 2 weeks before Christmas....

Weather here has been terrible!

kevm
17-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Half day Wednesday, bright and dry, so put on about 75 miles. It was fantastic!!
Few damp patches in shade, but in the countryside in areas that had a lot of sun, I could really get a move on. Made me feel great for next days work. Kev

sadbiker
17-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Bikes were all checked over last weekend in the hope that we would be able to get out on them..... Not worried about the cold can wrap up for that, just not interested in getting that damm salt all over the bike, and then hosing it down in the cold with cold water.
Come on we need rain to wash the salt away and then temperatures to stop them putting down the salt.

gremlin
18-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Gutted, loads of bikes out. Went to the coast to see friends new cottage and spent the day on the beach, I couldn't believe how warm it was. It was a really good day. Beach just across a field cottage with beams so no guesses where I'll be hiding for the summer!