PDA

View Full Version : Wrong battery? I'm p*ssed off

retskcid
16-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi there,

I decided to replace the battery on my new S4 as the engine was quite sluggish turning over even when the battery was fully charged, and the previous owner felt it was time for a new one.

When the new one arrived - one of these

http://shop.wemoto.com/pictures.dyn?u=5834503qqq25617

it was slightly physically bigger than the old, and I reasoned that may be why the prevous one was sluggish.

I've just tried fitting it and its too damn big - the tank will not go down, wtf?

Any ideas much appreciated. I'm guessing I can't send the new one back.:confused: Not happy.

Cheers

Rich

Scotty
16-02-2008, 11:26 AM
you haven't trapped anything between the tank and the frame have you

you could take the rubber pad out of the bottom of the battery tray for an extra 5 mm

the sounds insulation blanket on the underside of the tank isn't rucked up or something is it ?

Albie
16-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Its looks the same as mine. How much bigger ie thickness as it lays down that is.

retskcid
16-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Panic over, they sent the wrong battery, YTX12 BS instead of the YTB12 BS in the photo. And to their credit they told me to keep the battery (acid already in it) and they will send another on Monday. Phew. :)

Albie
16-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Well its a gel battery so its packed before isn't it or do you have to do something with gel ones too ??

Glad you got it sorted .What does the other one fit then. Sell it on.

retskcid
16-02-2008, 05:58 PM
No, its the acid type. Not sure what it fits but I'll check it out.

Albie
16-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Good job you didnt lay it down flat then. Whole point of it being gel. Could have been nasty.:eek: :eek:

retskcid
17-02-2008, 06:20 AM
Albie,

You'd be surprised, once you have put the battery together it a "sealed" type and can be put on its side :thumbsup: It was a little unnerving having to handle the acid though :on:

Sparky
17-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Well its a gel battery so its packed before isn't it or do you have to do something with gel ones too ??

It's not a gel battery, very few batteries are gel these days.

Batteries of this type normally have assorbant material between the plates that hold the acid in suspension.

Chris