PDA

View Full Version : Steamy clocks

Sqwifeve
13-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Anyone had any trouble with their clocks misting up in the cold? Whenever it's been quite cold, it's happened.

When I took the bike in for it's first service, they said this had happened with another model but not the 695's. Seems that Ducati thought it shouldn't be covered by the warrenty as the clocks are meant to breathe. Motorapido argued they should but I'm not sure what the outcome was. Seems to me that if they have these breathe holes that don't work, they should be covered :grump: .

No idea yet what they'll say as they never replied to the workshop in the 2 weeks they had my bike, which means I'll have to make another trip up. Bloody pain if I have to leave the bike as I have to get him indoors to take me each time.

Sqwifeve
13-02-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm not sure where my avatar went since I was last on here some months ago? Do they have a sell by date? :look:

nambduke
13-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Had the same problem - on the 3rd set - all warranty claims....all steamed up....rubbish quality so just live with it!!

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

jerry
14-02-2008, 03:47 AM
steaming up ,cracked lenses , no spares welcome to Ducati clocks.

David Matthews
14-02-2008, 05:45 AM
Have the same trouble with mine. It's not just monsters, I saw a 1098 at the weekend that had condensation in the headlights as well as the clocks

ricky
14-02-2008, 06:52 AM
had the same problem with mine, i think i took a hair drier to them!! :confused: anyway its cleared up now!! :biggrin: mind you i do have elec problems so maybe thats the cause!!

CK & AK
14-02-2008, 06:55 AM
Do a search - plenty on this since 2002..........

sadbiker
14-02-2008, 06:59 AM
They are easy to take apart, might be worth popping in a couple of those little bags which you get in packages which soak up moisture. When I opened up as set I have to be honest I don't really think that they are very well sealed and could end up with moisture. Problem with moisture in enclosed small spaces is once its there its a damm sodd to get rid off.

jerry
15-02-2008, 04:45 PM
cant take the S4 or M750 ones apart at all, wish I could I would like real glass in them not cracked perspex.bloody rubbish!

jerry

Headhunter
15-02-2008, 05:35 PM
They're definitely not Swiss made. All part of the character and charm!