PDA

View Full Version : M900ie exhaust

Albie
12-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Is the 900ie standard can the same as the s4 can ??

gary tompkins
13-02-2008, 04:24 PM
I thinks so Albie - got a pair in the garage if you wanna check?

Why do you need to know? :confused:

Albie
13-02-2008, 08:47 PM
I need to know the clamping system. The purchaser of my s4 system says its too small diameter and he has springs that clamp exhaust. As you say this is must be a non standard header system.:scratch: :scratch:

gary tompkins
13-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Yep - as per phone call

900ie's don't have a spring connection at downpipe to manifold joint, just a push in sleeve fit. So I think this guy must have aftermarket headers fitted?

cheeky monkey
14-02-2008, 01:40 PM
i put s4 cans staight on my 900ie, it didnt have spring clips. just clamps.

Albie
14-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Im so glad that you all have said that. I know from past experience that my previous sils from s4 fitted Nick Bousteads NBS m620. I was beginning to feel really guilty for selling a set of exhausts that dont fit other models. I did state off an s4 but may fit others as I knew damn well they should and do.

I still do feel bad as I cannot see what the problem is at the buyers end other than they dont slip in. Im waiting for photos.:worried:

Some people said s4r system wont fit an s4 engine well a testastretta wont.Im sorry it does.:thumbsup:

This is the explanation :- hi, its a slip in with springs system, they look correct shape wise - though cant be sure as I acn not fit them, the diameter of the termi pipe is aprox 41mm whilst the system on the bike needs one aprox 45.5mm. What areas do you need pics of? Sory you have lost me a bit with the headre system, what do your mena by twn port? thanks james

:eek: :confused: :confused: :confused: