PDA

View Full Version : What a great day!

LouSCannon
09-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Wel I don't know about anyone else but I've had a absolute sh*te week... long story but I'm car-less at the mo (&"£^*&"% insurance companies), but looks as though I've timed it right as it is absolutley glorious out there today!

Nipped in to town and ended up spending two hours and a full tank out. Meant to be meeting the lads down the pub before football today, but I just wanna go back out again!

For the past 1500 miles on my new monster it's been wet, freezing or both. Today I've actualy taken a layer out of my jacket!!!!

Hope you're all going to get the chance to get out there this weekend and enjoy it!

NattyBoy
09-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Good on yer ! A few jobs today but hopefully i'll nip out tommorrow !

Stafford
09-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I'll be heading over the bridge into Wales on the monnie in the morning then getting a trip down south in a microlite, I'll see how many of you I spot. :yoparty:

gremlin
09-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Lucky devil, I used to love microlighting, it's like a bike with wings! Been out for a blast after having a week stuck indoors. Some numpty scared the wotsit out of me going round a corner, I can see why the lass came off the other week. He just appeared beside me on a right hander and then blasted away. Clive was fuming, cos he cut him up as well, up till then I was really enjoying myself. Luckily I didn't go into the verge like Laura.

JerryXt
09-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Went out to meet the ducatisti chaps at Box Hill. Had a nice ride around, forgot my ear plugs so I kept the speed down to kill the noise.

On the way to meet my boys, I was nearly knocked off by a tit in a Peugot thing who thought it was a good idea to swerve around the road to keep me to the speed limit in a 20 mph zone. The fact that there's no need for a 20 in that area is beside the point. Clearly he's had proper training in Police enforcement tactics.

Nice to be out in summer gloves again!

Nonnie
09-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Well, I went to Tesco...

Saw loads of bikes out today, heard the boom boom boom of my neighbours Harley and him setting off, heard them flying down the bypass all from either the comfort of my car, or the garage. Not good.

Both going a bit stir crazy, need to go out. We thought we saw both our bikes' front wheels go up and down at the sound of bikes because they're going a bit mental too.

Still, my tank should be back next weekend and hopefully I'll get my handlebars soon too. We both need mirrors and indicators and Rod needs his seat back!

Until then, we're stuck and can only listen. Boo.

Hope there are many more days with the weather like this. It's gorgeous out there.

banditloon
09-02-2008, 02:16 PM
I went out this morning for a newspaper. Came home with, well it's my avatar ;)

Oh dear I forgot the paper, ;) Back out on the bike then!! :D

JerryXt
09-02-2008, 03:01 PM
oh, for got to say, it's going to be like this next weekend

and I'm at Brands for a £99 trackday!!! wooowooo!! JP too. Anyone fancy a visit at lunch?

Mr Cake
09-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Well I'm still in work until 6pm. Sounds crap but I've been enjoying the weather and been busy fettling with my car. Its been a day of throttle cable greasing, speedo cable fitting, idle speed correcting, fan belt tensioning, vinyl seat cleaning, and recliner mechanism sorting. My job's ace, getting paid to fettle with my own motor :D

Dave

johndglynn
09-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Great to see/hear so many bikes out today. I've been waving tools at a 4runner all day but am out on 2 wheels tomorrow up around south Brum, can't wait :D

YoungDucS4R
09-02-2008, 03:28 PM
I've just got in from a 175 mile East-Coast to West-Coast ride in glorious sunny weather and dry roads all the way!!
Without doubt the best day for a long time!!
Long may it continue!!

G

Miss Tess
09-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Today I also for the first time saw some sun on my new monster!
Here is me trying to get my leg over!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2143/2252136655_60781b5dbf.jpg?v=0

LouSCannon
09-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Great to hear so many other people are loving it as much as me! Back out tomorrow, this time with the other half somewhere.

Gonna be commuting on it Monday as well till I get a car sorted.

gremlin
09-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Coast tomorrow I think, then drop the bike into Roy (billetbikebits)for new bar risers so she's ready for next weekend. Clive put new Renthals on today and I couldn't get on with them, they pitched me forward so I can't touch the floor again, DOH.
It was really disappointing, after having manky bars off Clives lads off roader I was looking forward to having my first bit of bling and they are no better than the originals:worried: At least the forks will drop through a bit more and with the hoop cut down I may finally be able to touch a bit more floor, YIPPEE:D . Just have to avoid speed bumps or I'll knock my exhaust off!
I know the cheapest option would be to go back to the off roader ones but they are really yuk and I do want to get her looking good eventually.
Roy suggested having a cruiser but I love my baby too much now, it was so nice being able to lean into corners today, and to have that lovely sound it would have to be a half a massey ferguson and I don't want to go there!

banditloon
09-02-2008, 06:21 PM
God it's cold out there now!!! Damn coldness :chuckle:

Oh well, time to hide indoors, defrosting with fish & chips and some Peroni :D

Mand
09-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Well I'm still in work until 6pm. Sounds crap but I've been enjoying the weather and been busy fettling with my car. Its been a day of throttle cable greasing, speedo cable fitting, idle speed correcting, fan belt tensioning, vinyl seat cleaning, and recliner mechanism sorting. My job's ace, getting paid to fettle with my own motor :D

Dave

and I just hope you get your ass down the A50 pronto - the dinners on and the beer is chilling. :heart:

Albie
09-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Well, I went to Tesco...

Saw loads of bikes out today, heard the boom boom boom of my neighbours Harley and him setting off, heard them flying down the bypass all from either the comfort of my car, or the garage. Not good.

Both going a bit stir crazy, need to go out. We thought we saw both our bikes' front wheels go up and down at the sound of bikes because they're going a bit mental too.

Still, my tank should be back next weekend and hopefully I'll get my handlebars soon too. We both need mirrors and indicators and Rod needs his seat back!

Until then, we're stuck and can only listen. Boo.

Hope there are many more days with the weather like this. It's gorgeous out there.

Did you see Fatbloke at Tescos:D

banditloon
09-02-2008, 07:19 PM

Dave

:thumbsup:

Sounds like my job :D

Yes I should be in the office doing paperwork, but the car/bike needed a bit of TLC and that's more interesting than playing with Excel or Word :D :thumbsup:

Mr Cake
10-02-2008, 05:18 PM
:thumbsup:

Sounds like my job :D

Yes I should be in the office doing paperwork, but the car/bike needed a bit of TLC and that's more interesting than playing with Excel or Word :D :thumbsup:
Well even in the unlikely event I have to do anything at work, I'm not shoved in front of a computer screen. I couldn't think of anything worse :worried: I do what most Northerners do and shove ferrents down my pants whilst reading Pigeon Fanciers Weekly :rolleyes:

Dave

Nonnie
10-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Well even in the unlikely event I have to do anything at work, I'm not shoved in front of a computer screen. I couldn't think of anything worse :worried: I do what most Northerners do and shove ferrents down my pants whilst reading Pigeon Fanciers Weekly :rolleyes:

Dave
No mention of a cloth cap. How very disappointing. I really thought more of you than that. I may never get over it.

Mr Cake
10-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Technically I'm from the Northwest so I have some standards ;)

Oooooooooooo Jazz Hands all round!!!

Dave x

gremlin
10-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Well so much for another run out today, getting out of bed this morning my back went pop so have been moving very carefully all day. Clive had to take the Gremlin to Roys and enjoyed her cornering but hated the bars which was a relief. Think he thought it was just me being picky. Saw loads of goodies which will be put on hopefully in the next few weeks:mand: Love the levers he's got but I think with my habit at the moment I will wait until the lowering has been finished!

Stafford
10-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Lovely to get out even if the roads were plastered in SALT!
Bleeding cold as well, still managed to get arty at my destination.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/stafford23/DSC22.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/stafford23/DSC24.jpg

Pedro
10-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Apart from the incident on the motorway yesterday, Jules and I had two days of goofing on the bikes. Couldn't believe how warm the sunshine was and how grippy Michelins are even when the road was cold.

Saw two microlights at Avebury - was that you Staff?

Ped

cinders
11-02-2008, 08:13 PM
evenin all
After spraining my ankle on 30th december, 2 weeks off work and crap weather, today was the day. OMG brilliant, nice to be back out. Was a few miles to town stopped for lunch then back home again.
Plannin a trip down to Southampton tomorow to visit the family, and weather lookin pretty similar to today, tho slightly chillier. More clothes I think :)
Is it too soon to say BRING ON THE SUMMER?
HEHE

CINDERS

ducrissi
12-02-2008, 07:30 AM
we had a fabulous weekend - all the way to wales and back for the dragon rally. Fantastic roads, fantastic weather (if a little cold at -4 overnight - and much fun defrosting tents in the morning!) so good to get out and about! :thumbsup: