PDA

View Full Version : Ukmoc 2008

Pedro
08-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Been having a natter with Benson over the last few weeks and we'd both like to hear you're suggestions about the UKMOC for 2008 and beyond, after all, it's the membership that makes this club.

So, come on, lets here things you like to see and do - UKMOC related please!

Benson and I have been invited to Ducati UK later in the month so some feedback would be cool in the next few weeks please!

Ta

Ped

JerryXt
08-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Trackday - maybe with ISC? And Ducati in attendance.

Tickets to Ducati events - races etc.

Discounts on Ducati servicing, new bikes, parts through popular dealers.

And a kicking for the new Monster designers from ukmoc :D

Seriously, it's good business for Ducati to attract new customers for the brand, but what about looking after their existing customers?

Mand
08-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Will you do be doing the "meet and greet" with the riders of WSB again? That would be nice. :biggrin:

singletrack
08-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Will you do be doing the "meet and greet" with the riders of WSB again? That would be nice. :biggrin:

Ooh count me in for a bit of tiramisu ( and a bit of Troy Bayliss ;)

LouSCannon
08-02-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm still very much a newbie here, but would love to have a big group thing to come and meet everyone, track day, bbq, pub garden, anything really.

gary tompkins
08-02-2008, 07:02 PM
It would be nice to meet with other monster owners clubs in Europe. We've already been contacted by Mario in Belgium, and theres a big monster club in Italy too. Quite fancy getting abroad on the trike this year :woot:

Nonnie
08-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Discounts discounts discounts.

Tell Ducati we spend a lot on their brand and we'd like something back!

10 percent discount at dealers should do it!

CK & AK
08-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Ped, ideas:
When Ducati do these TD's maybe they can do 'offers' to the recognised clubs first, before the TDOrganiser is letting places go to all-comers. Might encourage more participation?

A 'special launch day' by Ducati if a new bike is coming out - again for members of recognised clubs - this would help foster the appeal of being a member if special days are held. It might ignite a bit more from members if they had been able to see the 696 - and previously the S4RS even 2 days before the public took a peek.

Locally - a bit more input from area reps or to recruit more reps, to get the monthly meets that were very well supported, back on their feet again. Just about every weekend in the south was busy with a ride/meet a couple or more years ago.

2008, rock-on! :)

fatbloke
08-02-2008, 07:06 PM
no WSB at silverstone this year tho'

Albie
08-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Locally - a bit more input from area reps or to recruit more reps, to get the monthly meets that were very well supported, back on their feet again. Just about every weekend in the south was busy with a ride/meet a couple or more years ago.

2008, rock-on! :)
Those were the days.

neilbaldry
08-02-2008, 07:30 PM
how about a trip to the Duc factory? at a special rate?

special hospitality passes to the BSB or WSB or MotoGP race events?

how about a special raffle based 'name-out-of-a-hat' prize draw? prizes could be £100 worth of accessories for the winners Monster? or a trip on the 2-seater Desmo?

i mean with the monster being the bike which pretty much singlehandedly saved Ducati, they should be pretty appreciative to the owners!

SazzaG
08-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Fair comment about the ride outs. I remember my first summer with UKMOC - not a single weekend without a rideout of some sort!

As I'm rep now, it's up to me. Better get that diary sorted!

Scotty
08-02-2008, 07:53 PM
another vote for cake

maybe I should 'organise' a ride out or two with cake in it

Headhunter
08-02-2008, 08:28 PM
I've never been a member of any biking club/forum until I came across UKMOC, so wondered what other biking clubs do, or have done?

Not saying to copy, but people's experiences of other clubs may add value to UKMOC.

I think trips to meet up with other Monster clubs is a great idea.

In terms of club discount at dealers etc - I also think it's a great idea but am guessing it would involve some sort of membership card? - personally too DSC for my liking and may turn the UKMOC from a free club to paid membership, and that just brings politics.

benson
08-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the ideas peeps - I also need to raise the issue of a club bank account - Ped and I are looking into the Nationwide's club account which should do us nicely - up to four signatures and counter cheques to pay for things like club events when we need to - as well as the option to pay in so the companies who have banner adverts on the sites are dealt with properly...

Meanwhile I do think we need to see some renewed interest from area reps to get a few more ride outs planned and I include myself in that! So let's try to get a spring and summer filled with biking extravaganzas and at least half a tonne of cake.....

singletrack
08-02-2008, 09:20 PM

Nooooooooooooo!
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Rogerg
08-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Over the years several members have posted up appeals and events they are involved in for their chosen charity and many of our members have been very and sometimes overly generous in their support. All of which is absolutely fantastic an a testament to our membership.

hows about we actually formalize things and have an annual charity fund raising event.

the event will maybe take a different format each year, but will be centered around what we like doing best, which is basically riding & tinkering with our beloved machines. It could be a ride your bike to work in fancy dress, or a massive A to B type ride out - there are many possibilities.

Each year members can make a pitch for their chosen charity plus ideas for the event, we can hopefully raise a decent amount of wedge for a good cause and have a great time doing so.

good idea or shall I get back to the Gin?

neilbaldry
08-02-2008, 11:22 PM
hows about a massive A to B rideout in fancydress?

benson
09-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Roger I think that's a fantastic idea - money for a charity and publicity for the club - can't be bad either way. Think we should take this forward - and I particularly like the fancy dress element from Neil - hurrah!!!

Lowsider
09-02-2008, 08:02 AM
Meal with the riders......... Just for the Tiramasu you understand.......

Get some lovely dealer to offer up some prizes and stuff for the annual meet-up raffle....

BEER!!!!! FOOD!!!!! GOOD RIDEOUTS!!!! maybe not in that order.....

Mr Cake
09-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Thank Christ for that! What a crappy, crappy circuit!

Dave

Mand
09-02-2008, 08:32 AM

Yeah but there is at Donington.... not far from little ol' me. :mand:

NattyBoy
09-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Thank Christ for that! What a crappy, crappy circuit!

Dave

I assume your talking about to view as opposed to ride ???!:D

Mr Cake
09-02-2008, 09:42 AM
I assume your talking about to view as opposed to ride ???!:D

Yes, sort of. Although to ride its a bit too wide and there isn't the same sensation of speed. Like Assen I suppose.

fatbloke
09-02-2008, 12:31 PM
of course !
I'd missed that round

singletrack
09-02-2008, 12:42 PM

Phew! That's alright then. There might be a chance to indulge in a little Tiramisu if we are lucky!

Lowsider
09-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Bring on da Tiramisu!!!

:yoparty: :yoparty: :woot: :woot: :hail: :hail:

Nickj
09-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Is that real food???

Lowsider
09-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Its more than real it is the God of Food's.....

Especially the Ducati Team's version....

neilbaldry
13-02-2008, 03:19 AM
so Pedro, Benson, have you got any ideas from this thread that you are going to look into?

squiffything
13-02-2008, 03:04 PM
From what I can see we're all gonna be fat from eating lots of cake riding around on our bikes in funny clothes.........

Terry you're back!!!!! ;)

benson
13-02-2008, 06:01 PM
It's called cake Neil - cake cake and more cake....:mand: :mand: :mand:

It would appear that we have a chance to meet with Ducati on the 29th February - that's when we'll share what we're up to and so will they - and if there's cake to be had you can bet your last pennies that Pedro will get all of it!!!

gary tompkins
13-02-2008, 10:55 PM
I think Alan C has been chatting with Mario of the Monster Owners Belgium about a trip this year, and about 10 MOB members are planning to come to the UKMOC weekender in May. I'm sure we'll get over there at some point ;)

neilbaldry
13-02-2008, 10:58 PM
well if i can think of anything else, i will note it here!