PDA

View Full Version : Weekender 2008 Saturday Activity

SazzaG
06-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Okey dokey peeps, it's that time of year again!

I'm starting to look into what we can do for the Saturday activity at the weekender. From recent years, a motorsport theme seems quite popular (funny that), so I've decided on 3 provisional choices:

1. Indoor karting - at the track from 2 years ago. Indoors, Grand Prix format, 6 heats each, plus a 12 lap final.
2. Outdoor karting plus an activity (eg archery) - as last year. I think this went down well, but there is always a risk with the weather.
3. Something else - if you vote for this, please give ideas!

I am aiming for no more than £30 per head, and the day will include a rideout in the morning, a pub lunch, and an activity. We will probably need at least 25 people to guarantee exclusivity at most places.

Get those votes in!

GULLY
13-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Hello
In door karting for me!!

roll on the weekender 3 mouths to go..

SazzaG
13-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Hehe, mouths? I only have one personally!

Come on people, get those votes in, or I'll just book what I want to do!

JMo
14-02-2008, 09:05 AM
I think the indoor karting from two years ago (grand prix format) was great fun, and it pretty close to the Mill / nice ride to get there etc. so I vote for that...

However, if we could find an indoor minimoto track, that would be my number 1 choice... the Swindon venue is great, but a long ride (if the weather is bad)...

xxx

mad_turnips
14-02-2008, 09:27 AM
is there any paintballing near by ( indoor would be cool) and if so would didge count as chemical warfare?

scrapps
14-02-2008, 10:10 AM
The indoor karting or mini moto sound good to me..(after last year maybe best to find a indoor activity!):thumbsup:

SazzaG
14-02-2008, 10:48 AM
is there any paintballing near by ( indoor would be cool) and if so would didge count as chemical warfare?

I seem to remember that we looked into that last year. The problem is that we'll all be in our leathers, etc. and not everyone wants to run around and be shot at!

Just a note about the indoor karting - they've changed the layout since 2 years ago, so no one will have an advantage!

desmo
14-02-2008, 08:53 PM
How about a ride in the morning & a pub lunch & a kip in the afternoon!!

Pedro
14-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Saz

Jules knows the guys at Hullavington (mini motos from a couple of years ago) and might be able to get a deal!

NattyBoy
14-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Saz

Jules knows the guys at Hullavington (mini motos from a couple of years ago) and might be able to get a deal!

Steves mate runs it !

alan c
15-02-2008, 04:21 PM
i have been talking to mario and leo from the belgium moc, they hope to come over for the weekender, maybe a group of ten (they are going to confirm soon ) they are looking to come over early saturday and stay for saturday night. they asked about the activity but it depends what time they arrive at arrow mill on saturday, once we know more about activity and start times i will let them know.
i am not sure myself yet about putting name down as i may have to meet them on saturday.

sazza i hope this is ok and i will keep you posted asap.

thanks alan c.