PDA

View Full Version : Brands Hatch with Ducati UK in attendance 2nd April

Dementor
05-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Check out the link for Brands Hatch on 2nd April, see you there.

http://www.snellmotorcycles.com/trackdays%201.htm

Let's fill it with Ducs - Monsters of course:D

scrapps
06-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Check out the link for Brands Hatch on 2nd April, see you there.

http://www.snellmotorcycles.com/trackdays%201.htm

Let's fill it with Ducs - Monsters of course:D

Ooo looks good to me! do you know how much ? I was looking for a trackday in march or april...:woot:

JerryXt
06-02-2008, 12:00 PM
£145 - bargain!

scrapps
06-02-2008, 01:34 PM
£145 - bargain!

So are you up for it they jerry? I am thinking of booking if we can get a few people intrested...:biggrin:

May even book later today/tonight:eyepopping:

JerryXt
06-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Might be a plan! It's a weekday, so I have to factor the cost of a day off, but it's Brands...

Looking sunny and dry for the 16th! £99....

scrapps
06-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Might be a plan! It's a weekday, so I have to factor the cost of a day off, but it's Brands...

Looking sunny and dry for the 16th! £99....

I think i will book brands for 2nd...:woot:
sorry cant do 16th sons birthday do:hissy:

I cant wait to take the ss to brands...:yoparty: :yoparty: :yoparty:

NBs
06-02-2008, 09:07 PM
I'll be there with the Snellies boys.
Should be a good day.
Blag a ride on a few demo bikes... would love to try the 848 round brands, and never turn down the chance of an s4rs.

Gadget
06-02-2008, 09:41 PM
I'll be there.:flag:

scrapps
07-02-2008, 09:31 AM
I'll be there.:flag:

All booked and ready to roll (well not ready but will be by then):woot: :yoparty: :woot:

Gadget
07-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Scrapps, your mail box is full.
I booked inters this time.

scrumpster
07-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Some of us are saving for a trip to Assen

scrapps
08-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Scrapps, your mail box is full.
I booked inters this time.

Hi Gadget, I booked novice again as want to get use to new bike!:worried: if I get on ok I will try to swap after lunch..:yoparty: (box sorted)

Edcase
12-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Booked!

Will be my first bike trackday so very excited!

CK & AK
12-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Will have to miss this - we are racing at Oulton on the Sat 5th - with a full test day on the Friday 4th.
Hope the weather is good that w/end :)

scrapps
12-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Booked!

Will be my first bike trackday so very excited!

great it will be good to see you there....:thumbsup:

JerryXt
04-03-2008, 08:31 PM
just booked. Going to beg a set of tyrewarmers

CK & AK
04-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Going to beg a set of tyrewarmers

sorted ;)

just bring them back the next day, or we'll be short of a pair for Oulton! :eek:

JerryXt
04-03-2008, 10:01 PM
can't spoil our chances :D I'll pop them round on my way back if the traffic isn't too bad

Ozz
05-03-2008, 09:06 AM
I am on this one too! (My first one....)

scrapps
05-03-2008, 09:56 AM
I am on this one too! (My first one....)

great news see you there...:yoparty:

JerryXt
05-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Ozz should bring the ISC banners down too. Do we have anything similar to put in the pits for ukmoc?

Kato
05-03-2008, 10:11 AM
just booked. Going to beg a set of tyrewarmers

Why do you need them ........tyres will only get cold again at the speed you circulate :running:

JerryXt
05-03-2008, 10:20 AM
charming :D

Got to get the hoover out to get the gravel out of the airbox this weekend.

Ozz
05-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Ozz should bring the ISC banners down too. Do we have anything similar to put in the pits for ukmoc?

Will bring one along. The other is being sent to one of the DD riders I sponsor.....

Will have new tee shirts and stickers (nice screenies) by then aswell.....

JerryXt
05-03-2008, 10:52 AM
I might have www.bikesex.co.uk registered by then too :)

Ozz
05-03-2008, 11:58 AM
That sounds ominous....

Ozz
05-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Got a list running on the ISC site and including people on this thread we have 10 definites and 2 possibles!

JerryXt
28-03-2008, 08:38 AM
so, who's doing this? In which group? All prepared?

Edcase
28-03-2008, 02:29 PM
MOT all done. New chain, oil, brake fluid.

I'm in the novice group, see you all there, hopefully in sunshine!!!

Edcase
28-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Anyone know if my DP carbon low-levels are likely to pass the noise limit?

JerryXt
28-03-2008, 03:41 PM
shouldn't be a problem. The s4rs just 'passed' and that is bl**dy loud

Dementor
28-03-2008, 07:37 PM
To any trackday novices out there, don't forget to bring your driving licence for signing on, no licence no trackday.

Ozz
28-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Yes boss! Will do....

Edcase
28-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Don't look now!!!! BBC weather says sunny....and 16 degrees!!!! Yes! 16!

Dementor
29-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Don't look now!!!! BBC weather says sunny....and 16 degrees!!!! Yes! 16!

Won't need warmers then:thumbsup:

Dementor
29-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Won't need warmers then:thumbsup:

That should have been "Tyre Warmers" :) Still can't seem to edit posts on here:Furious:

Edcase
01-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Light rain now :(

bloody bbc weather...

JerryXt
01-04-2008, 11:04 AM
linky (http://uk.weather.com/weather/tomorrow-Longfield-UKXX0652) says it's ok.

BBC is always pessimistic. Anyway, when we did Brands in November, the last session had some light rain and AK and I were about the only people out on the track. I had Diablo Corsa 3s on and Al had similar Avons. My bike had no issues in the 'damp' but Als was squirming on full lean, but then he didn't have any grooves on the edge of the tyre whereas I did. That was one of the best sessions for me - just cruising round an empty track. Brilliant.

scrapps
01-04-2008, 02:52 PM
bugger arse and feck.:nash:
My track bike still being a pain.... got all servicing done new tyres better brakes etc but now its got a missfire but even worse it comes and goes.....
have checked all electrics changed plugs etc but no joy.. was going to take it to mr rand to look at rode it 50 miles to him and it ran fine he gave it the once over all ok :thumbsup: then 30miles into ride home its back :nash:
I am loosing the will to live now..if poss i will take the ss (super ****) and my monnie to brands see if if goes or plays up..maybe someone at track may know whats wrong..(maybe a carb issue).....:banghead: :banghead:

Dementor
01-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Light rain now :(

bloody bbc weather...

Nah, positive thoughts please........it will be scorchio
:cool:

JerryXt
01-04-2008, 04:27 PM
My track bike still being a pain.... got all servicing done new tyres better brakes etc but now its got a missfire but even worse it comes and goes.....
have checked all electrics changed plugs etc but no joy.. was going to take it to mr rand to look at rode it 50 miles to him and it ran fine he gave it the once over all ok :thumbsup: then 30miles into ride home its back :nash:
I am loosing the will to live now..if poss i will take the ss (super ****) and my monnie to brands see if if goes or plays up..maybe someone at track may know whats wrong..(maybe a carb issue).....:banghead: :banghead:

Scrapps, my mate Sean is going to be there PM - he's more into injection bikes, but he knows his way around most stuff.

Take both bikes and just chill out. I might take the monnie too and see if I can ride it around at some point.

scrapps
01-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi jerry, I am only taking the monnie cant be arsed to fight with both on trailer.. shame cos wanted to get sorted...after 3 months and 600 pounds of work and bits it goes wrong just before this grrrrrrrrr :hissy: :hissy: :Furious: :Furious:

JerryXt
02-04-2008, 06:43 PM
well, what a grand day out. Scrapps terrorising NoVices, Gadget blitzing inters and making anyone with more than 60bhp look like fools. Including me. Until I got him back :D And I managed to keep it right side up this time :thumbsup: Thanks JP !

Met Graham - nice bloke - wants an S4Rs and an aircooled DD bike for the track - is that swinging both ways???? Saw Edcase around a bit I think, but didn't get the chance to have a chat.

Small amounts of precipitation in the morning, none after lunch. Took a 1098 out - felt like a tourer compared to the 748 but an awesome bit of kit. Had problems getting past Gadget, but made it stick.

And not forgetting Dementor on his S4Rs. Excellent choice sir!

As always, when the company is good, a top day!

slob
02-04-2008, 07:02 PM

Rick, do you know what cylinder it's on? try swapping the ignitor boxes round and see if the misfire swaps cylinders... they're usually the first thing to go on carbed SS & Monnie.
DP ones were a bit cheaper than stock replacements last time I looked.
PS. I've still got the risers for your clip-ons in my waterproofs pocket.

Gadget
02-04-2008, 07:12 PM
What a lovely day out.
Good people who have a lot in common.
I had a really good day out. Nice to see so many Ducatis.
A well organised event with classes for novices between sessions.
Sorry for the people who had offs. Some worse than others.
I'm now looking forward to Cadwell in May.:spin:

Edcase
02-04-2008, 09:39 PM
WHAT A DAY!

I am still buzzing. First session was a blur, I had instruction the 2nd session and the instructor said some nice things that gave me some confidence. 3rd session it all came together and it was magical!

Unfortunately my morning test on the 848 got canned because someone binned a 'motard at Graham Hill in the drizzle....

....and so my first ever go on a) a superbike and b) any other 'proper' bike other than my Monnie was a 1098. I nearly backed out at the last minute but the instructor I had in the morning gave me some encouragement as, surprisingly given how nervous I must have looked, did the guy from Ducati.

I'm glad I did! Good god, what superlatives are there? I got my knee down around druids (first time ever, on any bike!!!) and pulling over 120 on the straight it was only just in 5th and about to *really* get going!

But, more than the squirt, the most amazing thing coming from a 93 m900 was the brakes. JEEEEESUS. My weedy arms were barely strong enough to stop me! I also got overtake by Niall McKenzie going into Graham Hill and got to follow him for 3 corners, which added immeasurably to the experience!

Finally, I got a go on the Hypermotard. I WANT ONE! How much fun are they? You seem to just be able to take ridiculous liberties and it laughs out loud and shrugs it off. Bloody brilliant.

They also had a 'pre-production' new-shape 695 monster there and I have to say, it looks much much better in the metal than in pics, and it is the most naturally ergonmic bike to sit on that I've ever experienced (although that's not saying much). It wasn't allowed to be riddin sadly, but I can see me getting one once they release the bigger engine versions.

All in all, my first ever bike trackday simply couldn't have gone better, nice to see so many smiling faces and everyone was up for a chat, which isn't always the case at car trackdays.

I've got the bug now....bad.

PS Pics to follow.

Dementor
02-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Geat day, great company and great track. Glad everyone enjoyed it.

Sorry I didn't take you up on the offer of a ride on your 748 Jerry, was just enjoying myself so much on the S4RS :D

Edcase
03-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Some pics from the day. If anyone wants any higher res versions of specific shots just let me know.

cheers
Ed

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edbartlett/sets/72157604363893205/

J.P
03-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Makes me feel sad for not joining you all.

scrapps
03-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Rick, do you know what cylinder it's on? try swapping the ignitor boxes round and see if the misfire swaps cylinders... they're usually the first thing to go on carbed SS & Monnie.
DP ones were a bit cheaper than stock replacements last time I looked.
PS. I've still got the risers for your clip-ons in my waterproofs pocket.

Hi slob tried swapping boxes and still on front cylinder,think its crap in carb so going to get them out and clean them again and have fitted inline filter incase crap from the tank (been standing for long time). had a good day on the monnie but gutted i did not have the ss to play on...:nash:

scrapps
03-04-2008, 08:58 AM
After all my problems getting to brands and the fact i was on my road bike due to last min fault on trackday bike:nash: .....I had a fab day great people well run trackday and mostly dry track..:thumbsup:
good to meet new people and see old faces. hope all is sorted soon for the people who had spills....
up to cadwell next a bit nervous as will be a new track and new bike for me:on:

J.P
03-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Roll on a DRY Cadwell Park.

scrapps
03-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Roll on a DRY Cadwell Park.

yep I had hoped to had some practice on the ss before then so new track and new bike to play on..
maybe better to have training on the new bike may make it easier to change.
looking forward to it...

JerryXt
03-04-2008, 09:20 AM
When is Cadwell? No, behave. This is why I've said to the guys that they have a couple of months to work on the 748. I need to concentrate on family and work and getting fitter.

J.P
03-04-2008, 10:15 AM
I need to concentrate on family and work and getting fitter.

I'v given all of that up. It was taking up too much of my time.

redheinz57
03-04-2008, 11:29 AM
I cant wait to book my next track day wow didnt think i could lean that far (novice rider) Brands is a great track:thumbsup:

JerryXt
03-04-2008, 11:38 AM
so no chicken strips and properly worn tyres! Good man!

scrapps
03-04-2008, 11:44 AM
yep good day and good track.. only 1 bike down in the novice and great improvement in riding thru the day. :mand:

Albie
03-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Glad you all had fun.I was and still am off with flue. Cant even be bothered to go and fettle with bike so must be ill. Nicer day today whick was bad luck.

JerryXt
03-04-2008, 01:19 PM
yep good day and good track.. only 1 bike down in the novice and great improvement in riding thru the day. :mand:

...that was the Ducati UK hypermotard wasn't it? Well, if you're going to go down, best not on your own bike :chuckle:

Edcase
03-04-2008, 07:08 PM
...that was the Ducati UK hypermotard wasn't it? Well, if you're going to go down, best not on your own bike :chuckle:

Yeah but it meant I didn't get to ride the 848 as they cancelled the next session :(

JerryXt
03-04-2008, 07:29 PM
...yes, but that 1098 - what a bit of kit. The front was fighting for the sky coming out of Graham Hill and it was much more comfortable than the 748. But the rear was hopping all over the place going into Druids - needs a slipper badly. I can't believe it doesn't have one as standard.

Edcase
03-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Fully agree re:slipper. I haven't quite got the hang of heavy braking whilst blipping yet!!!

Mind you, my favourite bike was the Hypermotard I think! It was so much fun!

Just been looking through the pics online, here is my fav:

http://www.rawaction.co.uk/track/Brands-02-04-08-B-D/Novice/images/JT6T1088.jpg

Sadly they got none of me in the session one before that on the 1098 with my knee down there, nor when I managed it for the first time on my bike in the 3rd morning session :(

Gutted.

JerryXt
04-04-2008, 07:53 AM
I've only got short legs, so there's no chance of me ever getting my knee down... Been hanging off right on the edge of the tyres too :cry: