PDA

View Full Version : Brake/Clutch pipe fittings

Albie
04-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Does anyone know of a place that could change a wrong fitting on a set of brand new pipes. One is an oil feed pipe to heads and needs a 90' and female end. The other pipes could be made up to make a front brake line if a 1 into 2 could be fitted.

Pedro
04-02-2008, 10:19 PM
I doubt that anyone would be able to change a fitting, esp if they're crimped on. If you need to have custom lines made, HEL do a great job and will make up lines to your specifications.

Albie
04-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Theres enough to cut the fitting off. They are a tad too long. I will post some pics 2 moro sometime.

JerryXt
05-02-2008, 07:33 AM
have a chat with David at solocorse - nogarromill999 on ISC and Ducatisti. He did some custom lins for the 748R when it went radial and they're perfect. I'm sure he can recommend somewhere to change the ends.

Or have a chat with AK. He knows someone who can do the work.

Dave G
05-02-2008, 07:59 AM
I found the main hose suppliers (hel and earls) spectacularly unhelpful when I wanted an oil hose made up,they wanted all the part numbers or fittings specified from a list. Even when I said they were standard end fittings for the monster didn't seem to make any difference only the length and addition of a 90 degree end fitting was different,also emailed a picture of my bike with the length of hose required shown in a red line to give them an idea of what I was doing.
I might as well have been talking to a dog for all the difference it made.:grump:

katana
05-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Think automotive?