PDA

View Full Version : Projector lamps

Albie
03-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Whilst at a loose end from doing things I need to do this before MOT is due in June. The guy told me last year that beam is wrong way but understandable as italian fairing. Well Ive taken it apart and nothing inside but magnified spherical lens and a kind of reflective cup. The lamp obviously is directed by this metal plate and Im guessing it needs turning around and re-bending in reverse as is now. Its actually concaved right now. Anyone got an alien road race fairing. I think jmo's done it but not heard from her for months. Is she back from usa yet?

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/albies4/Projectswingarm045.jpg

gjfevans
05-02-2008, 04:25 PM
I have the road racing alien head light on mine and had the same problem come MOT time. I simply took the curved plate out bent it the other way (very crudley) drilled a hole for the locating pin and put it all back together passed MOT retest no problem

JMo
05-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Yep, as GJF says... or just swap back to the standard headlight for the MoT? (which is what I've done in the past) or just find an MoT station that doesn't check to closely... ahem.

xxx

Albie
05-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Not a probs but have not got standard headlamp
:bunny:

Albie
05-02-2008, 07:35 PM
I have the road racing alien head light on mine and had the same problem come MOT time. I simply took the curved plate out bent it the other way (very crudley) drilled a hole for the locating pin and put it all back together passed MOT retest no problem

Mine seems to be reversible so just need to bend backwards

gjfevans
05-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Worse case I have a standard head lamp if thats any use

Albie
05-02-2008, 09:16 PM
No its ok honest.The guys really ok. Its just the last 2 years hes said about it, LOL, I keep promising to do it even though I dont ride at night. I think I have sussed it. I need a whiter bulb in it though. Any recommendations.